FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

48 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Moana is holding MUCH better than Tangled and that fudged legged its way to $200 million.  Moana is following Toy Story 2's run decades ago to a T and will most likely come in a little bit higher than Toy Story 2 at around $250 million which would put it in the Top 20 of highest grossing animated films of all time.  If you think about it, there have been THREE animated features that hit $300 million this year and countless more that hit $100 million.  2016 has been a monstrous year for animation and Sing and Moana will end it on the perfect note with each possibly coming in above $240 million.  It's not always about the smaller picture but rather the bigger one.  What other box office year can boast that it saw FIVE animated films cross $200 million: the so called blockbuster threshold?  Moana and Sing will end what has been an EXEMPLARY year for animation not only in the U.S but as well as globally on a HIGH NOTE and that in and of itself is an accomplishment.  

2010 says hi we did it first :)

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

I will say that Moana's slight increase on Friday is kind of puzzling. I thought it already lost screens on Wednesday.

It lost another 200 or so yesterday but ultimately it showtime had to have been slashed considerably 

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Something to consider for animation fans. The last time we had 5 movies over 200m the next year didn't see 1 and the highest grosser was a cars film. If not for Dm3 and Lego Batman I would see a repeat shaping up. 

So it perfectly fits the trend, except for two exceptions.

Shit, maybe they're the new Moanas and Sings.

10 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Something to consider for animation fans. The last time we had 5 movies over 200m the next year didn't see 1 and the highest grosser was a cars film. If not for Dm3 and Lego Batman I would see a repeat shaping up. 

DM3, yes, Lego Batman I'm a bit leery about, but we shall see. It's going to almost fit the pattern.

• Like 1

Dang! Everything is seriously underperformed.

Who would have thought that Passengers will be a flop and potentially gross less than The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? 

AC also flopped hard. Can't believe it will gross less than Pointe Break remake, given all the names involved..

Sing to open to less than Daddy's Home last year also make me sad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Her entire family is quite wealthy though. She had a career bought for her. I know this is a common thing in the industry, but I'm still pointing it out. I mean she has a frigging documentary about her coming out. 

No wonder she acts the way she does. :angry:

However, I am sure that there are other actresses who were born with a silver spoon and still manage not to come across as entitled, immature, and all-around fake, like Ms. Lawrence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

No wonder she acts the way she does. :angry:

However, I am sure that there are other actresses who were born with a silver spoon and still manage not to come across as entitled, immature, and all-around fake, like Ms. Lawrence.

They were talking about cara Delevigne....i think. lol

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Alli said:

But getting a shot is extremely important. Most struggling actors are waiting tables waiting for their chance and she comes out of nowhere and gets the jobs.

Welcome to life. Nepotism exist in every level of business and every job that you could hope for. Hollywood is no different. As others have said getting a shot is one thing but making it count as another.

• Like 9