FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

Moana's going to comfortably beat Big Hero 6 and generally people thought that had a good run... 

Regarding OS numbers, I can only speak for the UK but marketing here was NON-EXISTENT. Almost a month since it came out and most people it mention it too still have no idea what it is. 

• Like 7

Just now, Dan9 said:

Moana's going to comfortably beat Big Hero 6 and generally people thought that had a good run... 

Regarding OS numbers, I can only speak for the UK but marketing here was NON-EXISTENT. Almost a month since it came out and most people it mention it too still have no idea what it is. 

Moana has had good legs so far in the UK but Disney dropped the ball marketing wise, I saw more marketing for Sully than Moana. Sing and The Lego Batman Movie are already advertising and they're not out for ages 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is anyone expecting anything significant from Underworld next weekend? Does anyone even care? Yet another overextended franchise that has run its course.

Even Sony is only estimating 2300 theaters, when the last one opened in over 3000 theaters. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is anyone expecting anything significant from Underworld next weekend? Does anyone even care? Yet another overextended franchise that has run its course.

I'm always proud to say I've never seen an Underworld or Resident Evil film

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

passengers seem started to lost its steam.....still $100m is in sight.....

and I must say, I love how JL deliver her acting performance in this film.... 

I think it's gaining steam, not losing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PPZVGOS said:

What about football? Were there any big games on Friday night? What about going forward? Maybe that harmed R1's BO. 

There was one bigger bowl game last night between Michigan and Florida State. 

The main ones are today though. The two playoff games. Alabama/Washington and Ohio State/Clemsen

• Like 1

I don't think any college games on Friday affected anything for R1.....in fact, I don't think the Bowl games will hurt anything today any more than usual.  Today is NYE....that's enough to see drops in all films.

• Like 1