grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

On 08/04/2018 at 6:10 PM, Macleod said:

On a gut feeling level, I'm more confident in a Cameron/Tim Miller combo than I am in Cameron/Rodriguez Battle Angel, that's for sure...but we'll see.

I think they're both right for the individual roles, if the directors were switched everything will crumble.

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

Diego Boneta In Talks To Play Key Role In James Cameron's New TERMINATOR Film

https://geektyrant.com/news/diego-boneta-in-talk-to-play-key-role-in-terminator-reboot

tenor.gif

i'm looking forward to the movie, but even looking him up, I still don't know who he is :P 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 75Live said:

tenor.gif

i'm looking forward to the movie, but even looking him up, I still don't know who he is :P 

Mexican-American Singer He's Now known for Terminator 6 :D:D:hahaha:

He also played a role in Mean Girls 2 

This constant "WHO?" stuff makes me laugh.  I see it everywhere online when someone is cast.  This is a business based on elevating performers to "star" levels through PR.  The trades do their part in this by reporting it.  Whenever a casting that someone hasn't heard of is announced for a movie, suddenly it's an issue to these goofballs.  Newsflash: This is what the announcement is for -- to promote the individual's name now associated with this production.  Now you know who he/she is, now you Google them, now they get more hits, more followers, etc. 

Many people complain about "the same stars" being attached to projects and say they want something different, but they really just want more of the same.  If you only ever had Corn Flakes for breakfast, how would you know that Chocolate Granola even exists? 

• Haha 1

My interest in this is low. 

As a film series with a through line T1-Salvation + SCC(tv show) work. Regardless of any nitpicks we could discuss the story was flowing towards it's circular pre-desitantion loop paradox as told to us by Kyle.

Genysis is to me a standalone film that does not tie in. It tried to hard to be it's on thing.

Cameron doing a rehash of his storylines that have been exhausted in the first two films is not a "must see film" for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

My interest in this is low. 

As a film series with a through line T1-Salvation + SCC(tv show) work. Regardless of any nitpicks we could discuss the story was flowing towards it's circular pre-desitantion loop paradox as told to us by Kyle.

Genysis is to me a standalone film that does not tie in. It tried to hard to be it's on thing.

Cameron doing a rehash of his storylines that have been exhausted in the first two films is not a "must see film" for me. 

Have you read the script?

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Have you read the script?

Do I need to? 

Titanic was a simple scorned lover, star crossed lovers tale ripped from countless Romance films

Avatar had a plot ripped right from history and told better fictionally other places.

When he did T2 he just copied and pasted from T1(which itself largely borrowed from other scifi)

Pardon me if I don't trust Jim the way you blindly do. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Do I need to? 

Titanic was a simple scorned lover, star crossed lovers tale ripped from countless Romance films

Avatar had a plot ripped right from history and told better fictionally other places.

When he did T2 he just copied and pasted from T1(which itself largely borrowed from other scifi)

What constitutes as a must see for you? I'm guessing the completely original non rehash of Avengers 3 will be right up there.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What constitutes as a must see for you? I'm guessing the completely original non rehash of Avengers 3 will be right up there.

Well to use your words....have you read the script? I get it you feel that's an insult, bravo. Your witty retort has me paralyzed. 

Several things constitute a must see and engaging characters are one. The MCU still has evolving characters in situations I care about. Jim with an aging cast that is very likely to not continue with anything Kyle talked about and he condoned the sequels for doing aren't situations that scream "must see".

27 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You just wait, it's gonna be deep and intricate...

Edited by Elessar
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Well to use your words....have you read the script? I get it you feel that's an insult, bravo. Your witty retort has me paralyzed. 

Several things constitute a must see and engaging characters are one. The MCU still has evolving characters in situations I care about. Jim with an aging cast that is very likely to not continue with anything Kyle talked about and he condoned the sequels for doing aren't situations that scream "must see".

please talk like a normal human

It's ok you don't have to be interested in Jim's works or this, I was just sceptical of your reasoning which was it would be a rehash of T1 & T2 which I found quite odd.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

please talk like a normal human

It's ok you don't have to be interested in Jim's works or this, I was just sceptical of your reasoning which was it would be a rehash of T1 & T2 which I found quite odd.

I will if you will.

You'll note I said my interest is low. That means I can be convinced. Can he make me care about those characters at that age doing what needs to be done? Is this going to be 'The Dark Knight Returns'(comic) version of Sarah Connor? I at least have a vested interest in the Terminator concept and characters(Avatar, not one bit). That should be evident by that prior post. That investment though is tied to fulfilling the path, seeing the Future War unravel, which was only just touched upon in Salvation and moments of TSCC.

Jim seems to not be interested in that to the point he didn't approve of the theatrical sequels going that route. 

So unless Jim does an about face I don't see he and I agreeing on a direction, making my interest low to possibly watch another film that just pushes Judgement Day further down the calendar.

25 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I will if you will.

You'll note I said my interest is low. That means I can be convinced. Can he make me care about those characters at that age doing what needs to be done? Is this going to be 'The Dark Knight Returns'(comic) version of Sarah Connor? I at least have a vested interest in the Terminator concept and characters(Avatar, not one bit). That should be evident by that prior post. That investment though is tied to fulfilling the path, seeing the Future War unravel, which was only just touched upon in Salvation and moments of TSCC.

Jim seems to not be interested in that to the point he didn't approve of the theatrical sequels going that route. 

So unless Jim does an about face I don't see he and I agreeing on a direction, making my interest low to possibly watch another film that just pushes Judgement Day further down the calendar.

I understand your point of view now, you want to see the future war I get it. For me it's fresh and a quality film then I don't care if it's a small-scale character driven story or an all out war. Until the trailer lands I'll just stick to my blind trust in Jim, after all... he's never let me down before so it's not really blind, he's just the most trust worthy man on the planet.

side note I'll meet you in the lobby after the midnight release and we discuss your vested interest in avatar

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Do I need to? 

When he did T2 he just copied and pasted from T1

You need to stop taking drugs, seriously.

Edited by Firepower
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I was just sceptical of your reasoning which was it would be a rehash of T1 & T2 which I found quite odd.

Actually it's true, it'll likey be a rehash of T1 & T2. T3 was a rehash of T2, T5 was a rehash of T1 & T2, only T4 was an attempt to make something new in the franchise and it failed too. The franchise is near the point where it can't be saved by anyone, even by James Cameron, it's trashed by shitty sequels too much. It doesn't need another shitty sucked from the finger sequel, the only way to save this franchise is full blown reboot which has nothing to do with previous movies besides main concept + reasonable budget. Otherwise it's doomed to fail again and T6 will likely meet the same fate as T3/T4/T5.

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Do I need to? 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2