grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

25 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Hmmm interesting. The movie now will open the Friday before Thanksgiving on Nov. 22, 2019.

Much better date for sure, should get decent legs in the first 10 days at least. Maybe it can outgross Genisys

I have a feeling Bond 25 won't come out next year, if it gets pushed then the only competition it has will be Wonder Woman 2 and Frozen 2. Granted, they're 2 massive movies, but the former will come out 3 weeks prior while the latter is for a totally different demographic. Hopefully they produce a great movie though.

Not much of a versus when Terminator will be lucky to hit 125mi domestically. Also it's not directed by James Cameron. A James Cameron film is one he directs. I would like for the film to be good but I'm not holding my breath after 3 medicore movies in a row.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Terminator will be lucky to hit 125mi domestically.

It's much too soon for any kind of box office projections. First trailer will give us clues where this can go. Also, if even the lackluster Genisys (still haven't watched it based on the shitty marketing material) can do 90m, i believe the ceiling is much higher than $125m.

Less Rock N Roll/Heavy Metal bullshit. More New Wave 80s aesthetic. An incredible physical specimen in his prime. Ultra violent. Part sci-fi/cyberpunk/action horror thriller. It's not that hard to do, people. The overlooked "The Machine" had the the right concept, but was crippled by the low budget.

4 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

@IronJimbo

Do you know if Jimmy has as much clout over this reboot as Kevin (Feige) has over a MCU film? How do they compare?

I wonder if the delay is due to Jimmy.

Jimbo spent 3 months of full days writing the scripts with Tim and another acclaimed screen writer. It's also the being produced by lightstorm.

He's put his trust in Tim and will do everthing je can to make sure its good while respecting Tim's boundries

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jimbo spent 3 months of full days writing the scripts with Tim and another acclaimed screen writer. It's also the being produced by lightstorm.

He's put his trust in Tim and will do everthing je can to make sure its good while respecting Tim's boundries

There are so many shitty franchises in Hollywood right now that I can literally take a dump on them and would not regret it at all. 

But, I have a soft spot for Terminator...Jimmy and Timmy 'd better figure this shit out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I hope they intentionally keep the budget low. Terminator, under the right supervision, doesn't need a bloated budget. If we're rebooting this properly, cut corners to maintain imaginative integrity.

36 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

I hope they intentionally keep the budget low. Terminator, under the right supervision, doesn't need a bloated budget. If we're rebooting this properly, cut corners to maintain imaginative integrity.

Not sure if serious.

• Like 1