grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I like to think he was a little nice in his reviews of the films so he could get the rights back.

He did not have to say anything nice;the rights to the Terminator automatically reverted back to Cameron when the agreement he made with Fox ended.

Such a huge fan of Cameron should have known that.

Which just adds to the speculation that we are being treated to some kind of performance art or massive trolling here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He did not have to say anything nice;the rights to the Terminator automatically reverted back to Cameron when the agreement he made with Fox ended.

Such a huge fan of Cameron should have known that.

Which just adds to the speculation that we are being treated to some kind of performance art or massive trolling here.

I did know that of course, nothing I said showed otherwise. You should try a little harder dudalb.

2 hours ago, DAR said:

I don't mind Rise of the Machines.   If it's on I'll have it on the background while I do other things.  But Salvation and especially Geneysi5 are rough

genisy5 ain't all bad, it gave us this

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone interesting in the reboot should watch this.

Pretty sure someone in this video he says they spend 3 months or so doing the scripts together, there is already another sequel planned for if it does well.

This interview is great! I put the video with the intention to watch the first minutes, I ended up watching all of it.

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 1

Just now, stephanos13 said:

This interview is great! I put the video with the intention to watch the first minutes, I ended up watching the all of it.

:shades: yeah it's a good one. Love Jim's outlook on AI engineers, comparing them to scientists excited for nuclear energy in the 30's, not realising that it can and will be weaponised.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2018 at 12:29 AM, IronJimbo said:

:shades: yeah it's a good one. Love Jim's outlook on AI engineers, comparing them to scientists excited for nuclear energy in the 30's, not realising that it can and will be weaponised.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 10:42 PM, dudalb said:

I know that right now there is a massive mental health problem over there, but please, if you do find yourself speculating in a paranoid manner akin to this, that is totally ridiculous - seek help. 

I wouldn't want anyone on BOT to be suffering needlessly with some undiagnosed mental illness. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Like 1

I'm personally getting kind of annoyed at all of these time line mind fucks.  Halloween is supposedly ignoring all the sequels, The X-Men time line is anyone's best guess and now Terminator is going to ignore everything that Cameron wasn't involved in?  I'm sure the film will be fine, but I think it's kind of strange to ignore films that came out after two.  I realize Hamilton coming back puts a damper on three since she is supposed to be dead, but how hard is that to fix?  

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I adore Terminator and T2 and think they told and closed the story perfectly. Don't understand Hollywood obsession with continuing/rebooting/remaking this franchise. Ditto Alien/Aliens. Nothing more to say and yet it keeps going and getting worse. 

Yep, the Alien timeline is fucked up too.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I adore Terminator and T2 and think they told and closed the story perfectly. Don't understand Hollywood obsession with continuing/rebooting/remaking this franchise. Ditto Alien/Aliens. Nothing more to say and yet it keeps going and getting worse. 

Creating iconic & memorable  characters & stories require talent and luck.

Also it doesn't help Alien is one the best and most important movies of the last 40 years and its sequel was written and directed by a Genius.

Ditto for Terminator.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Creating iconic & memorable  characters & stories require talent and luck.

Also it doens't help Alien is one the best and most important movies of the last 40 years and its sequel was written and directed by a Genius.

Ditto for Terminator.

:bravo: