grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

1 minute ago, StevenG said:

In what way? Was it in that TV show or the subsequent films?

What I meant is this Terminator reboot is the new Terminator 3 and the original T3 is basically a spin-off now

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I actually liked T3 even if it felt like a shot-by-shot remake of T2. I guess the novelty of having a female-shaped Terminator made me overlook its problems. Everything else after T3 I hated...

Found T3 okay in the theater but it's painful to watch nowadays. It feels like a parody of T2 at times. I prefer the much maligned Salvation.

^ This. :bravo:

T3 is a very well paced, good blockbuster and a good action film. I was a little disappointed after watching it in cinema in Aug 2003, but after next viewings on VHS, and later on DVD, I started to like it (solid 7/10 for me). It's just not worthy of the first two films, it's not a good Terminator 2 sequel.

And it always feels like spin-off for me, with all this changes in dates/timeline (Sarah birth date / age is different in T3 than in T1-T2, John is 23 and should be 20, but 10-years-old kid didn't fix into the story about kissing Kate Brewster during some basement party in Mike Kripke house, etc.). Though, T3 is still the best continuation of T2, better than The Sarah Connor Chronicles (which were fine... sometimes), much better than Terminator Genisys (or this one removed T2 also, and is only a T1 sequel? I can't remember), and even better than Universal attraction done by Cameron himself, which was fine, but to kitschy. I hope the new "Terminator 3" by Miller will be at least as good as T3 by Mostow. I'll be already happy then. :) 

Salvation is something opposite to me. It's a better sequel to Cameron films, and I was "wowed" when I saw it for the first time, but only one year later (when I saw it for the fourth time, for the first on DVD), I aware this movie is so dumb, so irrelevant to the series, so bad directed, so PG-13 (that's why I prefer Extended Cut) and more boring than fast paced T3. I like some scenes, some characters like Marcus, great vfx and cinematography, but after re-watching it in 2015 I can't give it more than 5-6/10.

Genisys is the worst by far. Terrible casting (2xClarke, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese - WHY?!), messy plot, more action sequences than a story, too much - completely not funny - jokes, and superhero mid-credit scene as a set-up for another film. And it removed from timeline almost anything, including the greatness of T2! Only Arnold and '1984 act' were fine. Saw it in cinema (opening weekend), and I still didn't re-watch it. Maybe I'll try before this one..

I am one of those who thinks that there has not been a good Terminator film since 1991. Interested to see if Cameron can recapture the magic. Problem is, IMHO, Cameron writing skills seem to be declinining.....Avatar was not nearly as well written as Titanic.

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am one of those who thinks that there has not been a good Terminator film since 1991. Interested to see if Cameron can recapture the magic. Problem is, IMHO, Cameron writing skills seem to be declinining.....Avatar was not nearly as well written as Titanic.

Assuming you're not just baiting, what problems did you have with the writing in Avatar in comparison to Titanic?

Tip to directors out there :

don't try to make a sequel to a James Cameron movie, even if you re David Fucking Fincher.

You ll only suffer humiliation coming from comparisons.

Spare you, & us, the embarrassment.

That being said, T3 is great & Tim Miller is a visionary.

Ridley Scott destroyed his own lecavy with the two hit combo Prometheus/Covenant, good job there.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tip to directors out there :

don't try to make a sequel to a James Cameron movie, even if you re David Fucking Fincher.

You ll ony suffer humiliation coming from comparisons.

Only Jim can surpass Jim. 

41 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Assuming you're not just baiting, what problems did you have with the writing in Avatar in comparison to Titanic?

The dialogue was corny, the charecters were one dimensionals, and I don't like having politics thrust down my throat.

I know the basis fo your religion is that Cameron is God and can do no wrong, but some of us differ.

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

The dialogue was corny, the charecters were one dimensionals, and I don't like having politics thrust down my throat.

I know the basis fo your religion is that Cameron is God and can do no wrong, but some of us differ.

Pretty sure i can find similar criticism for the Titanic script...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

This characters were bad meme is the worst of the lot because of how inaccurate it is.

Avatar had better characterisation then any of your comic films dudlap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

This just needs to die, they already destroyed any kudos the original got with trashy sequels.

They took the rights from Jim then make crappy films... Jim canon Terminator is GOAT

Edited by IronJimbo

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That looks so direct to DVD :hahaha: 

yeah while I like Davis and glad to see Hamilton back, this does look like a bad EW cover :P

I'm sure things will look better as they go along