grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Just now, Macleod said:

I'm sure they both tried...but who would turn down working with Cameron on rebooting/continuing Terminator with complete creative control?  It's an honor. 

Sounds like virtually all of Miller's Deadpool crew came with him, as well...they clearly believe in him more than FOX or Ryan Reynolds, which is interesting.

Great interview.

Yes, I'm watching it again and even if I still find Cameron an asshole he is probably the asshole that I mostly love in cinema. So there's that. Also, that moment that Tim Miller almost tears up because his Deadpool crew is waiting to do this with him. Wow. Powerful stuff. It makes me wonder if the stunt coordinator for Deadpool 2 is different than Miller's Deadpool. 

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

That was so great to listen to. You can genuinely feel they are excited about this and that makes me excited. I still have not a lick of interest to watch Deadpool, just not my kind of movie, but Miller seems a cool guy. Hopefully, he's a great filmmaker, too, and nails this. (pretty please!!!)

Edited by Elessar

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

That was so great to listen to. You can genuinely feel they are excited about this and that makes me excited. I still have not a lick of interest to watch Deadpool, just not my kind of movie, but Miller seems a cool guy. Hopefully, he's a great filmmaker, too, and nails this. (pretty please!!!)

Watch Deadpool. Truly great film, even outside the superhero genre context. You'll have a blast. With that said, I've gotta say that I'm WAY more interested about this Terminator than Deadpool 2 for some odd reason because so far, literally everything they did excited me. I think that fucking things up with Miller just left me with a sour taste that hasn't washed off yet. 

I think everything depends on the extent of James Cameron's involvement. He may have a good Terminator movie left in him but I don't know how much hands-on will he be given all the Avatar sequels that he will be filming in the next couple of years.

4 hours ago, BXT said:

I think everything depends on the extent of James Cameron's involvement. He may have a good Terminator movie left in him but I don't know how much hands-on will he be given all the Avatar sequels that he will be filming in the next couple of years.

He isn't doing the script but he's giving the story. Will he be present on set and stuff like Ridley in Blade Runner 2049? Hard to say, time will tell.

What's with this meme that James Cameron's an asshole by the way.

I've seen far too many people hate the guy on BOT because "he's an asshole" or "the guys a douchebag", it's in every thread where his name pops up.

The guy is one of the greats of our time and has achieved so much, he's doing more good for the planet than anyone on here could possible hope to achieve. He was mean to people on set when he was in his thirties.. so now he's an asshole still at 60? I don't get it.

Why is Jim an asshole?

• Like 2

On 2017/9/28 at 1:09 AM, John Marston said:

but, I thought Terminator Genisys was the "true" sequel to T1 and T2???

Seriously, since Michael Bay considers Cameron one of his idols, Bay better learns how to bullshit from him as well. Cameron is one of those that has this strength of forming a well-structured speech, whether that speech is bullshit or not. Look how embarrassed Bay was in this clip. Some teleprompter issue and suddenly he didnt know how to talk. If Cameron were in this situation, he'd still be bullshitting all the way through.