grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

This is basically the last chance to get a post-T2 movie right.

Whether it end up being a trainwreck or masterpiece this thing will be fun to follow.

Plus Cameron seems fully invested so it won't be half assed or a hack job.

Cameron always brings his A game when he jumps in with 2 feet.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Whether it end up being a trainwreck or masterpiece this thing will be fun to follow.

For those who question Jim's involvement, watch the Tim Miller and James Cameron interview by Hollywood reporter.

working all day for 3 months on the scripts with Tim and the other writer, no wonder Avatar is delayed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

For those who question Jim's involvement, watch the Tim Miller and James Cameron interview by Hollywood reporter.

working all day for 3 months on the scripts with Tim and the other writer, no wonder Avatar is delayed.

Is $1B DOM too optimistic? :sarah:

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Problem is is Cameron overextending himself trying to do this while doing the Avatar sequels?

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That might be closer to the truth then you think. Our biggest Cameron fanboy seriously talks about  Cameron "saving the world".

My intention when I made Avatar was to do Battle Angel next. However, the positive feedback for Avatar and the support of the message of Avatar, encouraged me to do more of those films.For me, the success was a factor because I was encouraged by the fact that an environmental film, or a film about nature, could be successful. It's certainly not just about money. I'm considering success to mean the measure of the ability of the film to communicate. Every director wants their film to communicate. -James Cameron

Cameron is making the Avatar sequels because his message reached masses of people.

He literally is trying to save the world here, now his exact level of impact is hard to determine but it's safe to say he's doing more than his fair share. I think it would be reasonable to put him above 99.999999% of the earths population in terms of saving the world.

Yes Jim Cameron is in the top 100 world saves on planet earth, climate change will kill us all dudalp.

7 hours ago, Heat Vision said:
7 hours ago, elcaballero said:

They should just go ahead and call it T3. 

Terminator Trinity 🙄

Terminator: The Day After Judgement Day

Edited by vc2002

I am a huge Terminator (and James Cameron) fan. I saw T1 and T2 dozens times and they are one of my favorites movies of all time. But still, I'm not sure about this project. T3 is fine - not good Terminator 2 sequel, but it's good blockbuster, good/fast action film and decent entertainment. TS was... average/bad, and it was the first "PG-13" Terminator which started its own trilogy (#LOL #fail). Genisys was even worse, also PG-13 (for the film about killing machines!) and also first and the only from planned trilogy. This new film is the third attempt for the new trilogy and again erasing everything after T2. This sounds just like Genisys 3 years ago. I hope Cameron/Miller will show me something new, and this won't be another kick-in-balls to this franchise. I really do. :(

• Like 1