grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim got the Terminator rights back and is making a direct sequel to T2.

wrong, genius director Tim Miller is making a sequel.

And yes I am aware of this film in the works I just assumed it wasn't ever going to actually end up in production. The 4th time they are rebooting it, it's kind of painful to watch

Edited by Ranger Tree
  • Like 1

This could have been the most anticipated movie of 2019 for me... if it was the first Terminator film since Salvation. :( But only 4 years after Genisys, with so many similarities between them (again ignoring everything after T2, another planned trilogy, again old Arnold with elder human tissue, again Brett Azar as his stunt-double...), I am not so sure what to expect. I hope it'll be good, but I don't think it's going to be a huge b.o. success. Everything with Terminator brand for the last 15 years is more or less flop (T3 barely make even(?), Salvation and Genisys were flops, T2 3-D Universal attraction was shot down last year, TSCC was shot down after its second season, T2 3D-release was a box office disaster due to terrible marketing and limited releasing), which proves that Terminator was a monument of its times (80s/early90s), but now no one really wants another film about it. Time-travels and evil-AI isn't something people want to watch these times, Schwarzenegger isn't the biggest movie star in the world anymore, and no one thinks anything new with the Terminator could be as good as the first two. Miller and Cameron should drastically shift tone of the story, do R-Rated movie with budget $100 mln max. (like James Mangold did with Logan), than this could work. If they're going to do another "superhero" PG-13 film with mid-credit scene, like Genishit, than they better stop it now. :P

#IBelieveInCameron&Miller

Edited by Juby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

I will not believe anyone can make another good Terminator movie until someone does it. So you can call me, uh, skeptical. Cool to see Hamilton again tho

I have been skeptical about Cameron as a writer for some time.

The casting of Hamilton is a good sign, I agree.

• ...wtf 1

First look at Mackenzie Davis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevenG said:

I actually liked T3 even if it felt like a shot-by-shot remake of T2. I guess the novelty of having a female-shaped Terminator made me overlook its problems. Everything else after T3 I hated...

Too bad it's ret-conned from the JCanon

• Like 1