kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

The scripts for all of these are incomprehensible gibberish of objectives and MacGuffins, the best ones are the ones that don't give a shit about that stuff and try to do something with the filmmaking form of it all (both the GOTGs, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Shang Chi)

Shang Chi? Like idk man, even Brett Rather managed to do some of the stuff that film tried to do (the sequence with the scaffolding) but better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The scripts for all of these are incomprehensible gibberish of objectives and MacGuffins, the best ones are the ones that don't give a shit about that stuff and try to do something with the filmmaking form of it all (both the GOTGs, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Shang Chi)

The Winter Soldier is still the best MCU movie.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Am' I missing something? last time I checked GOTG was all about a macguffin.

Right. What I'm saying is that they all are constricted by this larger formula, which is my main problem with the MCU. Some of these succeed more within that mechanical framework than others. I hope Dr. Strange 2 is one of them. GOTG certainly is.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Shang Chi? Like idk man, even Brett Rather managed to do some of the stuff that film tried to do (the sequence with the scaffolding) but better.

Tony Leung's character is probably the best marriage of dynamic writing and a lived-in performance in the entire MCU. A living, breathing character with an arc and internal world.

always will remain skeptical of these flicks no matter what the reactions are, but Raimi is the first filmmaker to helm an MCU that i have faith in to make something genuinely entertaining and/or interesting since, uh, peyton reed, that was like 9 films ago and a bunch of other TV shows i didn’t watch. it goes a long way to have someone with at least a little bit of personality helm these.

• Like 2

Just now, eddyxx said:

Also Infinity War is better than half of those movies.

I love the ending of Infinity War! And some of the team stuff is quite fun. Unfortunately the directing of the endless action scenes is so bad I could barely believe it.

• Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Both Gotg films had pretty big macguffins lmao

11 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Also Infinity War is better than half of those movies.

Ehhhh. I think in my ranking both TWS and IW are outside my top 10 MCU and those are the Russos’ best ones. The Russos do their job well for what it is but none within my top ten.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Both Gotg films had pretty big macguffins lmao

Can you enlighten us what the MacGuffin was in the first movie?

If you think of the Power stone, since it essentially solves the conflict in the end, I don't think it qualifies as MacGuffin, does it?

4 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The first showing in my country is 8 hours away but just to let everyone know, 10 mins was censored due to graphic violence. This treatment was only applied before with something like Deadpool.

Then it must be a masterpiece.

36 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Right. What I'm saying is that they all are constricted by this larger formula, which is my main problem with the MCU. Some of these succeed more within that mechanical framework than others. I hope Dr. Strange 2 is one of them. GOTG certainly is.

Can someone please explain to me what is this MCU formula everyone speaks of ? I have had this question for a long time

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Can someone please explain to me what is this MCU formula everyone speaks of ? I have had this question for a long time

Character-driven family fantasy adventure comedy. Lead protagonist has a snarky, cocky personality, with quips and one-liners for days that result in easy chuckles for the audience, and has a heart of gold deep down that makes him easy to root for. Lead character is down on their luck and struggling to find their identity, giving an easy, relatable conflict. They are thus thrust into a world he is unaware of and is either granted with or always had fabulous secret powers. A big baddie then comes along to bring destruction onto the world, through some variety of magic, science, or both. Often they have a backstory. Numerous fight scenes through green screen and snazzy special effects ensue that gives the hero purpose and understanding about who he is, culminating in a big battle with the hero saving the day. There's numerous sequel teases, alongside references to other movies, followed by a post-credits scene that gets everybody talking.

Hope this clears things up. :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eric Strange said:

Character-driven family fantasy adventure comedy. Lead protagonist has a snarky, cocky personality, with quips and one-liners for days that result in easy chuckles for the audience, and has a heart of gold deep down that makes him easy to root for. Lead character is down on their luck and struggling to find their identity, giving an easy, relatable conflict. They are thus thrust into a world he is unaware of and is either granted with or always had fabulous secret powers. A big baddie then comes along to bring destruction onto the world, through some variety of magic, science, or both. Often they have a backstory. Numerous fight scenes through green screen and snazzy special effects ensue that gives the hero purpose and understanding about who he is, culminating in a big battle with the hero saving the day. There's numerous sequel teases, alongside references to other movies, followed by a post-credits scene that gets everybody talking.

Hope this clears things up. :)

This is not specific enough to be a formula, and also doesn't apply to quite a few of the movies.

• Like 1