kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 hour ago, Eric Strange said:

Character-driven family fantasy adventure comedy. Lead protagonist has a snarky, cocky personality, with quips and one-liners for days that result in easy chuckles for the audience, and has a heart of gold deep down that makes him easy to root for. Lead character is down on their luck and struggling to find their identity, giving an easy, relatable conflict. They are thus thrust into a world he is unaware of and is either granted with or always had fabulous secret powers. A big baddie then comes along to bring destruction onto the world, through some variety of magic, science, or both. Often they have a backstory. Numerous fight scenes through green screen and snazzy special effects ensue that gives the hero purpose and understanding about who he is, culminating in a big battle with the hero saving the day. There's numerous sequel teases, alongside references to other movies, followed by a post-credits scene that gets everybody talking.

Hope this clears things up. :)

Pretty sure when people mocks the formula, they don't think in a whole structured paragraph.

Sometimes they just say it for "Third act CGI battle"

Edited by Fox20

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Rachel McAdams when she sees that review

3NIr.gif

:hahaha:

Some negative reviews don't disappoint. I honestly hate agreebale movies because they don't get burbs like this:

Waving his arms in front of his face as if directing the worlds tiniest traffic, Cumberbatch cant quite shake the impression of an old-school conjurer in a tacky end-of-the-pier revue.

May 3, 2022 | Rating: 2/5 | Full Review…

:rofl: Based Oirish critic.
Edited by Valonqar

31 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

From those who have perused the reviews, would you recommend against taking a 6-year-old to see this?  

I rented a theater for this, and one of my friends was going to bring his daughter, who has seen a bunch of MCU stuff.  But it sounds like this might be too much for someone that young?

Some reviews seem to say that it’s “scary” and that there’s gruesome images, but it’s all in a very fantastical setting and from what I’ve read it sounds like the “gore” they mention isn’t realistic, with the blood from the creatures being a different colour to the usual red in order to keep it at a PG13. I’m betting that these reviewers are over-exaggerating how strong the horror and violence is.

I’d have issues taking a 6 year old to see The Batman, but personally I’d be fine with a child seeing this based on what the reviews say. For reference, in the UK this is uncut with a 12A rating, and the UK censors are notoriously trigger happy in slapping 15 ratings on things they think are too violent for a 12A (The Batman, Venom, Suicide Squad 2016), so I doubt it’s much worse than the typical MCU film.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

mank is mcu for 90 year olds. just references and callbacks to citizen kane and old hollywood shit. geriatrics losing their fucking minds when welles finally shows up.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

mank is mcu for 90 year olds. just references and callbacks to citizen kane and old hollywood shit. geriatrics losing their fucking minds when welles finally shows up.

So is Babylon the DCEU?

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

When a Sam Raimi movie disappoints it's never his fault.

It's the script, unless he wrote the script then in which case it's the producer.

This, but without the sarcasm.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

It's amazing how a 70-80 is doom for the MCU fans but for every other franchise it is a win.

Well maybe not just the MCU, I remember the doom and gloom on reddit that Batman was in the 80.

Eternals fans remember  :sadfleck:

7 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It's amazing how a 70-80 is doom for the MCU fans but for every other franchise it is a win.

Well maybe not just the MCU, I remember the doom and gloom on reddit that Batman was in the 80.

I assume at least some of the doom and gloom is because people are concerned that the score might drop lower, like what happened with WW84.

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The reviews on letterboxd are pretty bad. I don't know, i feel an air of disappointment. I think that RT rating is good for now, but it will drop imo

Letterboxd is mostly useless until the movie is out worldwide