kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

I missed the TV shows discussion. None have gone over a 3.5/5 for me.

WandaVision is the best of the bunch but the ending really soured me from loving it.
Hawkeye is also a 3.5/5, as I had fun with it but the pacing pattern of the show were it feels less like a show and more like a six hour movie kind of persists.

Loki was a 3/5, as while they were some cool elements, I found a lot of the rules of the world convoluted and Loki’s character arc unsatisfying.

What If is then a 2.5/5 as the whole thing of the show is a mixed bag of good and boring episodes and then a bad ending.

FaTWS is a 2/5 as from apart of some great scenes with the Bradley’s not much is done to utilize the ramifications of a black Captain America (kind of like how the themes done in the Russo Cap movies), in addition to muddled pacing, poor creative choices and exposition galore (also Us Agent should not have been redeemed, he should’ve been the villain and an alt-right tool as in the comics.)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

79% with 113 reviews (average up to 6.7 tho) 

I don't see much reason for it to drop (or increase) much more from here. Likely finishing with 75-77%, could've been worse. 

Not that i care that much, my favorite MCU movie since EG was Eternals.

• Like 1

Wandavision starts off as a bad sitcom and ends us an incoherent look at grief, Falcon was just not just bad but ideologically stupid, Loki was alright (the selfcest shit was the best part of the show ngl), Hawkeye was good fun, and I don't think I'll ever complete Moon Knight.

I honestly wonder how many more of these MCU shows I'll watch. I only watched Hawkeye because some people on my Twitter feed liked it more than the other shows and Moonknight because of the cast. These shows in general are so much harder to watch than the movies.

So the majority of reviews are good.

Raimi delivers, but that should have been obvious to everyone from the start.

Really looking forward to the "horror" aspects of this, wont be anything actually scary ofc (its still the MCU lol), but some darker themes would be very much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Imagine if this has civil war legs loool you never know

Civil War fully deserved it’s bad legs, IMO. 

79% is decent considering the extensive reshoots. Those weren’t just for a few days remember, it was months. So I’m not surprised it’s not getting universal acclaim tbh. 

40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wandavision starts off as a bad sitcom and ends us an incoherent look at grief, Falcon was just not just bad but ideologically stupid, Loki was alright (the selfcest shit was the best part of the show ngl), Hawkeye was good fun, and I don't think I'll ever complete Moon Knight.

I honestly wonder how many more of these MCU shows I'll watch. I only watched Hawkeye because some people on my Twitter feed liked it more than the other shows and Moonknight because of the cast. These shows in general are so much harder to watch than the movies.

Tbh I’m picking and choosing at this point with the tv shows. I got other shows to watch/follow, I likely watch Ms Marvel and maybe some episodes of She Hulk but I haven’t watched Moon Knight yet.

14 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Poor Dr Strange just making 400-500M domestic.

"Poor Dr strange" Don't act like its some "True" sequel to the OG DS like how people were acting NWH was just another run of the mill SOLO spidey movie. The MCU seems it has to add everyone and their grandmas in to these recent movies.

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The reviews make it looks like a crowdpleaser. Bad script? Yes, but fun to watch. 

I'll be a bit surprised if even the audiences have a big problem with it to hurt the legs.

I think TG2 and JW will have a greater impact.