Poseidon

Weekend Thread 2/24-26 | Sat #s |Get Out: 12.8 (+18%) Lego: 9.4 (+120%) Wick: 4.2 (+70) (Pg 20)

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

She's not a pariah anymore.  But before she did Interstellar she had trouble getting work.

It was because of her Oscar speech ("It came true!"), which she later admitted that she completely faked, to the surprise of no one. :lol:

She got cast in Interstellar a few months after though, so I doubt she was that much of a pariah.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Then you look at what they put out with Alice Through the Looking Glass.  The budget of 170 million is monstrous and then you add in about another 100 million for everything else and you have a film that has a budget of about 300 million.  3D is dead, Depp is a pariah and they couldn't or wouldn't even use Hathaway in their marketing because she too was somewhat of a pariah.  Everyone at this site knew the film was going to tank and tank gloriously.   To invest in a sequel that no one asked for with a cast that people didn't really care for was just arrogance and stupidity.  Disney doesn't do much wrong but this one was a horrible miscalculation on their part.

Please explain yourself

tumblr_m73wovyqAM1rogb13o2_500.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Universal is having a great start this year with SPLIT and GET OUT breaking out and FIFTY SHADES DARKER also doing relatively well.

You guys can't help but dismiss FSD's run, can you? The movies are crap, but more than doubling its production cost domestically alone is more than "doing relatively well".

Edited by PDC1987

16 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

You guys can't help but dismiss FSD's run, can you? The movies are crap, but more than doubling its production cost domestically alone is more than "doing relatively well".

I mean it did decrease a lot from the first one which is why I guess some people are more reserved talking about it's BO

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

There's a lot of new posters all of a sudden.

Hope they don't drag this place down like iMDB.

It shouldn't be too bad, or if it is it won't last long. Unlike IMDB this board is moderated. IMDB was a free for all where for every well thought out post there were 9 trolls waiting to spew venom.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Considering how much hates it gets from non-fans, FSD did "relatively well"

It's worth pointing out that this has been another "feast or famine" year at the same point as last year, but without the Deadpool juggernaut. Some movies (Split, LEGO Batman, Fifty Shades, John Wick, Get Out, the wide release of Hidden Figures, the wider expansion of La La Land) have been posting strong numbers, but everything else has either put up barely acceptable numbers, done middling business at best, or completely tanked. Probably too much to hope that Hollywood takes away something from the success of a handful of those titles, which don't quite fit their standard "blockbuster" mold these days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's worth pointing out that this has been another "feast or famine" year at the same point as last year, but without the Deadpool juggernaut. Some movies (Split, LEGO Batman, Fifty Shades, John Wick, Get Out, the wide release of Hidden Figures, the wider expansion of La La Land) have been posting strong numbers, but everything else has either put up barely acceptable numbers, done middling business at best, or completely tanked. Probably too much to hope that Hollywood takes away something from the success of a handful of those titles, which don't quite fit their standard "blockbuster" mold these days.

Feast or famine will continue over the next 3 weeks when Logan and BatB explode and Kong tanks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Feast or famine will continue over the next 3 weeks when Logan and BatB explode and Kong tanks.

I think Kong will put up similar numbers to The Legend of Tarzan/Ghostbusters. Whether you consider that tanking depends on what the budget is.

Tanking, btw, is the pathetic numbers put up by movies like Collide, A Cure for Wellness, The Space Between Us, etc. Before I Fall also appears headed for a sub-$5M opening next weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Kong will put up similar numbers to The Legend of Tarzan/Ghostbusters. Whether you consider that tanking depends on what the budget is.

Budget is 190M :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Tanking, btw, is the pathetic numbers put up by movies like Collide, A Cure for Wellness, The Space Between Us, etc. Before I Fall also appears headed for a sub-$5M opening next weekend.

In my eyes, if the movie doesn't get 200m DOM, then it's a disappointment, esp. considering how famous the character is

• Like 2