FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Deadpool and Logan's directors both had creative freedom.

Fox changed their approach earlier.

Do you really think Singer didn't have creative freedom on at least  DOFP and APOC?  He not only directed them but produced them.

6 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

What went wrong while making Apocalypse? 

The problem with that movie was that it mostly just felt "been there, done that." Franchise was definitely starting to show its age in that particular installment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The problem with that movie was that it mostly just felt "been there, done that." Franchise was definitely starting to show its age in that particular installment.

I agree, it was fine but not great but still not the worse X-Men film, that honour belongs to Origins 

• Like 1

Great. 80m+ here we come.

1 hour ago, franfar said:

The excellent WOM will give this movie killer legs. I think this movie will finish with 3x 

Doubtful it gets a 3X multiplier, but 2.8 would be great for the type of film it is. 

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Do you really think Singer didn't have creative freedom on at least  DOFP and APOC?  He not only directed them but produced them.

Singer had earned Fox's trust over the years.

No way would they give Tim Miller and Mangold so much creative freedom back during the Tom Rothman years.

Fox is going for the "Studio for Adults" reputation pretty hard and it's working so far. It makes sense even outside of Deadpool's mega success. In the 2 years before Deadpool they had 3 R rated breakout hits (Gone Girl, Revenant, Kingsman) and even some of their PG-13 hits like Martian and Apes sequel were more adult skewing than the average blockbuster. 

• Like 2

Just a shout out to our theatre's General Manager who yesterday was awarded with the Manager of the Year award for 2016, as well as our location winning the award for top theatre in our zone in our company (a zone is usually province-wide) :) He's such a great boss I have to say, and is one of the main reasons I have remained at the theatre after all this time. He even sent me a text and said "thank you for everything you've been doing for the theatre, we really appreciate having you here and whatever you do after high school you will always have a job with us as long as you want or need it. We wouldn't have won this award without the amazing team I have behind me."

Now all we need is for our attendance to kick ass this month after how bad february was :lol:

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 8