aabattery

I, Tonya | Limited release December 8 2017 | Margot Robbie stars in biopic directed by Craig Gillespie (d. of Mr. Woodcock, 2007) | going for them oscars and what not

I swore there was a thread for this already but I couldn't find one.

Anyway, this wrapped up filming today (11/3/17) according to this IG post.

Spoiler

I, Tonya is an upcoming American biographical sports drama film directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Steven Rogers.

On March 21, 2016, Margot Robbie joined the film to play Tonya Harding.[1] On June 14, 2016, it was reported that Craig Gillespie would direct the film, from a script by Steven Rogers.[2] On October 21, 2016, Leonard Blavatnik's AI-Film came on board to fully finance the film, while Robbie would produce the film along with Bryan Unkeless through Clubhouse Pictures, with Tom Ackerley, Sophia Kerr and Josey McNamara for LuckyChap Entertainment, and Rogers.[3] On December 12, 2016, Miramax acquired the U.S. distribution rights to I, Tonya.[4] On December 13, 2016, Sebastian Stan joined the cast as Jeff Gilooly.[5] On December 15, 2016, Allison Janney joined the cast as Harding's mother LaVona.[6] On January 9, 2017, Paul Walter Hauser joined the cast as Shawn Eckhardt.[7] That same month, Julianne Nicholson joined the cast of the film as Diane Rawlinson, a skating coach.[8] On January 24, 2017, Caitlin Carver, Mckenna Grace, and Bojana Novakovic joined the cast of the film as Nancy Kerrigan, young Tonya Harding, and Doddie Teachman respectively.[9]

Principal photography on the film began in late-January 2017 in Macon, Georgia, where Macon Coliseum was also used as a filming set.[10][11][12]

No release date yet.

• Like 1

WTF? I am quite surprised by those notices.

I did not expect this film to become some sort of awards contender.

Janney is expected to get extraordinary reviews, but if Robbie gets an Oscar nomination (a fitting addition to her ascendant starpower), they fucking need to finally get moving with the Gotham City Sirens thing (I hope).

Right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

but if Robbie gets an Oscar nomination (a fitting addition to her ascendant starpower), they fucking need to finally get moving with the Gotham City Sirens thing (I hope).

Right?

Nah they'll just make 3 Harley/Joker movies, because that was obviously the aspect of Suicide Squad everyone liked the most :sparta:

• Haha 1