grim22

Skyscraper | July 13 2018 | Legendary | Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. The Rock. China co-production, set in China.

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If it’s any good, this’ll crush Equalizer 

After Ant Man & Wasp's second weekend, the following weekday holds, and Transylvania 3, there won't be much of Skyscraper LEFT, to crush Equalizer 2's debut 🤣. Skyscraper will be a speedbump, from all the competition, when the well respected Denzel has another solid opening.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

After Ant Man & Wasp's second weekend, the following weekday holds, and Transylvania 3, there won't be much of Skyscraper LEFT, to crush Equalizer 2's debut 🤣. Skyscraper will be a speedbump, from all the competition, when the well respected Denzel has another solid opening.

IMO skyscraper is gonna be close to Ant-Man’s 2nd weekend. Both o/u mid 40’s to 50. Transylvania is going to do well but there is zero audience overlap. Equalizer’s gonna drop from the first and do mid 20’s opening, 70M finish IMO

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 9:47 PM, OdinSon2k14 said:

Equalizer will be hit of the new releases. $25-$28 million ow but a total of close to $80 million or even 2 Guns numbers. 

This(Skyscraper) should do decent business in the states. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chewy said:

I'm really interested in how this does now, this is probably the tentpole I feel like I have the least handle on

I've been assuming it will do very well, but to be honest each time I've seen the trailer in a theater there's been no crowd reaction whatsoever.