grim22

Skyscraper | July 13 2018 | Legendary | Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. The Rock. China co-production, set in China.

You know, when I watch a trailer like that...

Its a goos thing I don’t care why the regular hero is so fucking jacked.

Yes, big Arnold fan.

That being said, this won’t be Die hard...but I can enjoy my Die Hard knock offs.  I say...ok performance stateside ....100m maybe...China gonna love it?

• Like 1

What it has against it: Potential Rock fatigue. Tired formula. 

What it has going for it: Summer weekdays. Only moderate competition from Equalizer and Mission Impossible.  

$105-$110m dom

Edited by lilmac

On 6/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, Maxmoser3 said:

The Rock fatigue isn’t bad. The formula isn’t bad. Equalizer won’t kill it. $120-$130 million sounds more of a finish. 

Better hype than rampage domestically?

21 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

It's possible Incredibles 2 was an anomaly this weekend, because of the family holiday? Or animated films are on fire this summer, and Skyscraper is gonna get trouble from Transylvania 3...

I doubt it two compeletely different audiences not to mention Incredibles 2 had massive hype, nostalgia, benefited from the CBM wave, the first 4 quad movie since IW and a beloved first, HT3 has none of that. However I do think animation and family films may be bigger than expected this due to nothing of family appeal this year before I2 being really big.

I think Skyscraper won’t due well because of competition, even if FK does $100M OW and AMATW does $65M OW, July is stuffed with action films and hype has died down for this.

• Like 1

The Rock is hit or miss though. Kinda like Arnold having a movie every damn year back in the day. 

The Rock fatigue will kick in 2020, when he plans to run for president on the independent ticket(yes in he’s talks 🤣

but im not here for politics. But Skyscraper looks fun and should bring in some decent cash.

Rampage was a film that did surpridingly alright for a video game film. But that was for the lead star. He can pull off a film, just a good one.

Sony’s animated “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” is heading for a solid domestic opening in the $40 million to $45 million range for the July 13-15 weekend, early tracking showed Thursday.

First estimates for Universal’s Dwayne Johnson action-thriller “Skyscraper” came in between $32 million and $40 million for the same period.

https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-hotel-transylvania-3-summer-vacation-1202854033/

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Maxmoser3 said:

The Rock is hit or miss though. Kinda like Arnold having a movie every damn year back in the day. 

The Rock fatigue will kick in 2020, when he plans to run for president on the independent ticket(yes in he’s talks 🤣

but im not here for politics. But Skyscraper looks fun and should bring in some decent cash.

Rampage was a film that did surpridingly alright for a video game film. But that was for the lead star. He can pull off a film, just a good one.

Bad move if the Rock does run. Because: I think people ,after 4 years of You Know Who, are going to be very skeptical of Show Biz Celebs who run for POTUS without any previous experience in Government.  That will not be a good look in 2020. I think by that time it will have been proven   that POTUS is NOT an entry level position.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Alli said:

Sony’s animated “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” is heading for a solid domestic opening in the $40 million to $45 million range for the July 13-15 weekend, early tracking showed Thursday.

First estimates for Universal’s Dwayne Johnson action-thriller “Skyscraper” came in between $32 million and $40 million for the same period.

https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-hotel-transylvania-3-summer-vacation-1202854033/

Judging from this headline, I would assume Skyscraper will be going for 4,000+ locations.

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

They need to get the marketing hype train going on this if they want more than $100-120M DOM.

Think they know dom isn't where the money is on this one