franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

I’m sure they’ll kill off Drax, since this is apparently Dave Bautista’s last movie, but I would much rather they just have the character retire or something. Killing off major characters in a franchise is way overdone at this point. 

Edited by WittyUsername

48 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m sure they’ll kill off Drax, since this is apparently Dave Bautista’s last movie, but I would much rather they just have the character retire or something. Killing off major characters in a franchise is way overdone at this point. 

Eh the MCU almost never kill off characters, it´s kinda problem for them. The only one that has actually died and seems to be actually stay dead is Quicksilver. They need to up the stakes sometimes. That´s at least how I see it.

I'm gonna be 'that guy': What's the hook, here?  At least the second movie had "Daddy issues reappear"...and it had beautiful visual effects.  I don't see anything new or different going on, here...except Stallone's surprise credit at the end!  Guess he's back for this one!  (But full disclosure: I'm not a big James Gunn fan, anyway...)

53 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I'm gonna be 'that guy': What's the hook, here?  At least the second movie had "Daddy issues reappear"...and it had beautiful visual effects.  I don't see anything new or different going on, here...except Stallone's surprise credit at the end!  Guess he's back for this one!  (But full disclosure: I'm not a big James Gunn fan, anyway...)

For me it's the world building. Adam Warlock and the High Evolutionary are significant character additions to the MCU, especially Warlock.

I can see how that wouldn't be a hook for the GA though.

This was a really nice trailer, music was good too although not as good as the trailers for the first and second movies. Can't wait for the soundtrack to come out and discover some banging songs from the past. 

IT also looks like its gonna be a pretty emotional movie, the trailer was more serious in tone than the trailers for the previous movies. Apart from IW/Endgame/NWH, Guardian movies have been the only MCU movies that have made me tear up and I expect this to be a tear jerker too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Eh the MCU almost never kill off characters, it´s kinda problem for them. The only one that has actually died and seems to be actually stay dead is Quicksilver. They need to up the stakes sometimes. That´s at least how I see it.

Iron man? Black widow? Odin? Aunt May? There are hella minor characters and villains that stay dead too but that doesn’t quite seem to be in the spirit.

• Like 2

I will of course watch it, I love the GOTG, but this trailer doesn't seem to tell us WHY we should watch this movie beyond, well, it's a Guardians story.

It's lacking a hook, a money shot, something that goes like "oh yeah this is a must watch" for people who are not big GOTG fans

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

I will of course watch it, I love the GOTG, but this trailer doesn't seem to tell us WHY we should watch this movie beyond, well, it's a Guardians story.

It's lacking a hook, a money shot, something that goes like "oh yeah this is a must watch" for people who are not big GOTG fans

I got the idea that the hook was basically 'the jokers are SAD, don't you want to see why?'

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Because it's the finale?