franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

I wonder what will be 2022 movies.

Feb 2022: BP2 (Too soon for GOTG3?)

May 2022: Avengers 5

Nov 2022: ??

There're still AM3, CM2, SM3 to be made. 

I also wonder if all this new characters-solo-stories will be developed as trilogies (Sang Chi, Black Widow, The Eternals) or they will be conceived somehow else. 

Suicide Squad comes out August 2021, yeah? It would be really hard to then see how Guardians would get a 2022 release date, unless Gunn gets right to work but that would still seem like rushing it to me. I'd say 2023 seems more likely.

Edited by Ororo Munroe

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Might be the July 2022 release since Vol 1 did gangbusters in August. But yeah definitely think Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 and GOTG Vol 3 are all coming in 2022.

That could be a hell of a year for Disney-MCU too, with the 3 of them possibly going 400M+. 

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It could feasibly go to November 2022 if need be. 

If Gunn basically takes no break and they really want to release it in 2022. I could see that date going to Blade though. If they want to do a trilogy, I'd think they would get started asap. 

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

If Gunn basically takes no break and they really want to release it in 2022. I could see that date going to Blade though. If they want to do a trilogy, I'd think they would get started asap. 

The Suicide Squad is filming this year and will likely be wrapped up by 2020 or early 2021 which would give him time for a break and to do press for TSS.

10 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Might be the July 2022 release since Vol 1 did gangbusters in August. But yeah definitely think Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 and GOTG Vol 3 are all coming in 2022.

That Marvel doesn't have to fast track their top grossing properties but can afford to take time while developing new things and experimenting is a testament to their brand power. other studios would rush to forge iron while it's hot but Marvel iron is always hot so no need to rush.

10 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

Likely one of these release dates

So, 2021 isn’t an anomaly? They’re really doing four films a year moving forward? That’s pretty crazy. I guess this will be the ultimate test to see whether or not superhero fatigue is a real thing. 

Edited by WittyUsername

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, 2021 isn’t an anomaly? They’re really doing four films a year moving forward? That’s pretty crazy. I guess this will be the ultimate test to see whether or not superhero fatigue is a real thing. 

If 4 works for a couple years in a row, you just know 5 is coming. I mean hell if they wanted to squeeze 6 into:  

mid Feb  

late April

mid June

early August

Early Oct

Late Nov    

It wouldn’t even be that crazy. Though, to be clear, I am not actually predicting a year with 6 ever.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If 4 works for a couple years in a row, you just know 5 is coming. I mean hell if they wanted to squeeze 6 into:  

mid Feb  

late April

mid June

early August

Early Oct

Late Nov    

It wouldn’t even be that crazy. Though, to be clear, I am not actually predicting a year with 6 ever.

I’d like to know how the hell Kevin Feige is able to find the time to work on so many projects a year. Between four Marvel films a year, the Disney+ shows and the Star Wars film, the man has an insane schedule. 

Four is the maximum they can do, there is a danger of over-saturating the market and also encroaching on other Disney/Fox films, not just other studios. 

I would guess Guardians 3 will be July or October 2022, I'm not sure if Gunn would be able to have it ready any earlier

Edited by Jonwo