kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

HW fucked up.

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

More like she's terrible at choosing projects

Not if serious ?

http://www.metacritic.com/person/emily-blunt?filter-options=movies&sort_options=metascore&num_items=30

https://www.the-numbers.com/person/16050401-Emily-Blunt#tab=acting

She was having a great career before this year with hollywood casting her in studio projects all the time....

2 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Looper, My summer Love, Sicario, Your Sister's Sister, Into the Woods and Young Victoria.

I'd add "Sunshine Cleaning" there as well. "The Girl on the Train" was a great role to play, but the film didn't turn out well. And there are other films that I quite enjoy like "The Adjustment Bureau", "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and "Wind Chill". This last one actually makes a "eternal recurrence trilogy" alongside Looper and Edge of Tomorrow.

Edited by SofNascimento
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I sure hope this movie doesn't get a sequel.

100% agreed. 

if do make a sequel might as well make it an Aliens style film and just make an action movie. Which I does not happen  

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

There's parts of this movie I watch whenever I get the chance at work... I've timed it so that I know when they're coming on.

Damn this movie is effective at everything it does. Hoping for it to reach 51.5-52 with actuals. Think it has a legitimate shot at 160

Fantastic film. I really hope this film DOES get a sequel.

It doesnt necessarily need to involve this family. It could be a 'set in the universe' sequel like Cloverfields ones. It could be about another family. It could be about Day 1-10 of the invasion. It could be this family again at a later date. It could be anything really. 

---

Really important to stress that, for some people, your fullest enjoyment of this film will REALLY depend on the type of audience and environment you see it in. I myself ordinarily get driven nuts by babies, noisy popcorn, crunchy wrappers being scrunched,  people outside the cinema chatting loudly because the door was left open etc - in any movie. I like a quiet cinema in general anyway....

... but this film takes that to a whole new level. Your film experience could easily be ruined if you have a bad or un-courteous audience. if you wanted to give that little noisy kid a dirty look in any other movie, in this movie you'll want to break his arm and gag him with duct tape.

I already knew this before I saw the movie, but didnt realise just how true it was.

Edited by Tyrian
k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The horrible audience members where in my party, so I had no trouble telling them to shut the fuck up. I heard one of them tell the other "he's mad at us" and then they behaved.

Spoiler

I did enjoy the crowd for two specific moments: One that led to like 70% of them going "noooooooo, don't do that" and another one where you could hear a few people crying here and there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3