Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

This weekend is just as boring as last weekend. 

It's very early for preview numbers.

But a big drop from Furious 7 seems likely everywhere apart from China for some reason. 

Edited by Krissykins

DHD, folks. It's waaaaayyyyyyyy too early for previews. It's probably gonna rise to 13M.

That being said, if it does pull off 9-10M (and that's a big if), I could see it coming under Fast 6's opening (97M, iirc). But that's very unlikely.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Too much fam, not enough racing! Lol jk it was fun. I enjoyed it. Beat the awful trailer at least. It was worse than at least 4-7 though, each of which was better than the one before. The streak is broken. Maybe my lowest of the series besides Tokyo Drift (garbage) and 2 Fast 2 Furious (guilty pleasure, but pretty laughable).

Edited by JonathanLB

What will make more.... Spark: A Space Tail or T2: Trainspotting.

Spark debuts in 365 theaters.  T2:Trainspotting adds 174 locations to bring its total up to 331.    Therefore Spark has a 10% advantage for locations, but can T2:Trainspotting average 10% or higher than Spark to overtake it on the weekend charts???

8 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'd imagine not. His status as a wrestler turned action star has pretty much typecasted him mainly in action films and comedies. Those "dramatic roles" aren't likely being offered to him right now, though it'd be kinda cool if he did try his hands at a quirky comedy sooner or later. 

I hope he gets another Pain & Gain type of role. That was a legit great performance. 

• Like 5

Seeing as no film in this series had opened up to a hundred million besides the last one seeing this one open right around a hundred million really shouldn't be a shock if that's how it goes. The death of Paul Walker clearly had a curiosity factor to the last one. So if this does open up to a hundred million and makes around 230 that seems to be par for the course.

• Like 16

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

11m would not be bad. 9m somewhat disappointing 

Going by expectations 11m would be bad imo.

F7 did 9.3x the previews over the ow (15.8*9.3=147.1)

Those previews started at 7pm

F8 had them starting at 5pm plus some more sequelitis makes it difficult for F8 to do more than 9.3x.

With 11m it would get to 100m ow with that multiplier. That's still a huge ow but well below expectations.

If it can manage 10x then 11m would give 110m ow. That seems to be ceiling right now unless the preview numbers come in higher.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

DHD, folks. It's waaaaayyyyyyyy too early for previews. It's probably gonna rise to 13M.

That being said, if it does pull off 9-10M (and that's a big if), I could see it coming under Fast 6's opening (97M, iirc). But that's very unlikely.

I am hoping the previews rise at list a little. From 15.8 to 9-11 despite 5pm start would be a very surprising fall.

We saw last year how APOC managed to have same previews as DOFP and fell behind a lot over the weekend thanks to more sequelitis , early start, lesser wom.

Similar previews as F7 would have given F8 a 120s ow opposed to F7's 147.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1