Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

Yeh it'll be huge in China, but it's not a co-production is it? If so: 25% max to Universal.

Anyway, really didn't expect this to go under $100m (if it does). They've lost a third of their opening weekend audience from the last movie.

Industry tracking was $110m.

8 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

250 prod budget. Worldwide P&A over 150 at least. Under 100 million... not good. Needs 850 worldwide to get in the black. This is not looking good at all for F8.

It could do $200m Dom, drop 40% O/S - China and with China would still hit $1b WW

Edited by TalismanRing

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think it should end at 10 films, marking 20 years of Fast films. 

I was gonna say it should finish with 9 but you are right with 10th hitting film 20th anniversary. It will be one hell of promo. 10 should be the last

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 3

Just now, XO21 said:

They're calling it boring

It's basically a movie of the 70s. If Apocalypse Now came out today it'd get the same score

How many people have actually seen it though? It's only playing in LA/NYC. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just people downvoting it because of the stars (in particular, Robert Pattinson) because haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I was gonna say it should finish with 9 but you are right with hitting 10th film 20th anniversary. It will be one hell of promo. 10 should be the last

And for the 10th, Johnny Tran, Lance, Carter Verone, DK, Braga, and Cipher vs The Crew + Shaws + Bow Wow.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

How many people have actually seen it though? It's only playing in LA/NYC. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just people downvoting it because of the stars (in particular, Robert Pattinson) because haters gonna hate.

Probably most of the scores come from Europe, I think it came out in UK and France weeks ago

I think people really understimate FoF. It will hit 100+ mln. I think it's one of the least frontloaded franchises in the world. I mean 90-95% of my screening were kids! And half of them 6-8 years old!! I was like wtf?! I'm not sure I've even seen at least 5 adults there. I even thought I confused the screening with some Smurfs because I haven't seen so many kids on a movie screening in my entire life! Even Minions had much more adults on screening. Because of that I think it's gonna increase like A LOT on Saturday. Teenagers and kids are the target audience of the franchise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Everyone seems positive this will have a better multiplier than Fast 6, not so sure this is two sequels later and the WOM won't be anything different from the previous.

You're not looking at the bigger picture. Walker's death made the last one a big event, people rushed to watch it on OD/OW, it was crazy and this one doesn't have that kind of rush factor. I'm expecting an OW multiplier between F6 and F7 and a bit over 100M OW(hopefully 104M for Survivor purposes).

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I think people really understimate FoF. It will hit 100+ mln. I think it's one of the least frontloaded franchises in the world. I mean 90-95% of my screening were kids! And half of them 6-8 years old!! I was like wtf?! I'm not sure I've even seen at least 5 adults there. I even thought I confused the screening with some Smurfs because I haven't seen so many kids on a movie screening in my entire life! Even Minions had much more adults on screening. Because of that I think it's gonna increase like A LOT on Saturday. Teenagers and kids are the target audience of the franchise.

A Kid-Friendly movie rated "Rated PG-13 for prolonged sequences of violence and destruction, suggestive content, and language. "

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

So it does 100 ow domestic. Give it a higher 2.5x since Walker Effect. Looking at 250 million Dom. If it has similar breakdown to F7, it will just hit billion. Is it gonna do as well as F7 overseas?

2.5x is way to generous of a multi.  All of them have consistently been doing in the 2.3xish range.

If it hits 100m OW then look for 210 - 240m DOM total.

• Like 1