Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

33 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thanks, ok. Using 115 3-day and the same 2.4x (for which I have no basis. Just guessing.),

115*2.4 + 85 (adding back Wed and Thu) = ~360 OS-China

230 dom (100*2.3x) + 410 China (190*2.1x) + 360 OS-China = 1b WW

That 360 looks too small considering F7 did an insane 740 OS-China. Maybe I am using a small multiplier but 2.4 on first glance looks healthy enough.

But considering 85 has been burnt off Wed and Thu, the multiplier will be better. So Using 3x,

115*3 + 85 (adding back Wed and Thu) = ~430 OS-China

230 dom (100*2.3x) + 410 China (190*2.1x) + 430 OS-China = 1.07b WW

Edit: It did 155 OS-China Fri-Sun :P

So will stick to the original calculation,

155*2.4 + 85 (adding back Wed and Thu) = ~460 OS-China

230 dom (100*2.3x) + 410 China (190*2.1x) + 460 OS-China = 1.1b WW

Wait, I'm confused, aren't we talking about the WW OW?

11 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Wait, I'm confused, aren't we talking about the WW OW?

I was breaking down WW OW into Dom, China and OS-China, and then assigning them multipliers.

Dom : 100 * 2.3x = 230

China : 190 * 2.15 = 410

OS-China : 85 (Wed-Thu) + 155 (FSS) * 2.4 = 460 

230 + 410 + 460 = 1.1b WW

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nova said:

F8 is actually going to increase from F6. Which is really good especially since F7 is the anomaly in the franchise 

Overseas, yes, but we don't know anything about the final domestic number, though. Too early to say.

With GTG 2 coming in 2 weeks, chances are that its legs will be cut a lot by the Marvel engine. It may get a higher domestic number than Furious 6, but not a huge difference imo. I predict anything between 235/250 million, but nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Overseas, yes, but we don't know anything about the final domestic number, though. Too early to say.

With GTG 2 coming in 2 weeks, chances are that its legs will be cut a lot by the Marvel engine. It may get a higher domestic number than Furious 6, but not a huge difference imo. I predict anything bwteen 235/250 million, but nothing more and nothing less.

I was talking about its OW since that's what the original discussion was about. 

I thought Easter weekend was supposed to be a big holiday weekend. Seems like most people were cashed out from last month. Although F8 will still reach 100 OW. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Momo

22 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I see, but I don't think F8 opening weekend will be that much higher than FF6, for example.

I know that. My point was that the fact that F8 even slightly increased over F6 should be seen as good. Typically the further in a franchise you are, the less the film makes. So the fact that F8 is increasing over F6 during its OW is actually good when you consider that F7 was the anomaly in the franchise. 

My response in general was to the comments that the opening for F8 is disappointing. When if you take F7 out of the equation, F8's opening is on par with the rest of the franchise and even increasing (even if it's slightly) from F6. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

GET OUT BEATING LOGAN

KgRxPAD.gif

AND Kong: Skull Island

KgRxPAD.gif

AND Ghost In The Shell

KgRxPAD.gif

AND The Case of Christ

KgRxPAD.gif

AND pretty much Power Rangers & Gifted

PR projected 1M ahead of it. So no it didn't beat PR.

7.) Saban’s Power Rangers (LGF), 2,171 theaters  (-807) / $1M Fri. (-40%)/ 3-day cume: $2.9M (-52%) / Total cume: $80.6M / Wk 4

8.) Get Out (UNI), 1,424 theaters (-150) / $1M Fri. (-16%)/3-day cume: $2.8M  (-31%)/ Total cume: $167.4M / Wk 8

P.S. I will give you that it beat the rest,but it still behind PR

Edited by Momo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Momo said:

PR projected 1M ahead of it. So no it didn't beat PR.

7.) Saban’s Power Rangers (LGF), 2,171 theaters  (-807) / $1M Fri. (-40%)/ 3-day cume: $2.9M (-52%) / Total cume: $80.6M / Wk 4

8.) Get Out (UNI), 1,424 theaters (-150) / $1M Fri. (-16%)/3-day cume: $2.8M  (-31%)/ Total cume: $167.4M / Wk 8

P.S. I will give you that it beat the rest,but it still behind PR

Would it really be that much of a surprise to see Get Out ahead of Power Rangers once the actuals are released on Monday?  Throughout its run, estimates for Power Rangers have been revised downward.  The same thing may happen this weekend.

At this point does anybody really give a s*** if Get Out is going to finish $50,000 ahead of Power Rangers? You talking about films they're just barely in the top 10 at this point. It's just DaVinci Code guy making a big deal again out of something that doesn't need to be made a big deal out of

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

F8 is the most pathetic $534M Worldwide All-Time Opening Record disappointment in box office history.

More tickets per dollar because of where it plays well, so if anything it's a stronger 500 million than either force awakens or Jurassic world. I think anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

F8 is the most pathetic $534M Worldwide All-Time Opening Record disappointment in box office history.

Aka "I don't like these movies so the fact that millions of people around the world are watching the new one and setting box office records is pathetic and stupid".

• Like 1