Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

Just now, Eevin said:

Hmm. Would need around ~23 Sunday to hit $100m then, a 26% drop. Probably going under.

Same. Which is surprising. I thought be over 100M for sure.

4 minutes ago, Rth and the Beast said:

Sat looking 

F8 31.3,BB 5.4,BATB 5.3

An ever so slightly worse hold compared to 7. A similar Sat-Sun drop puts it at 99.1 million. Will Universal fudge it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

cue T3 "Let's Tango" gif

Man, I'm too lazy to make a Universal version at 2am in the morning, though I suppose it works if you put it in context of John Turturro = Universal

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

99m opening with similar legs to F7 gives it 234m

Legs will be slightly worse with a later launch than Furious 7. That means Guardians hits on the 4th weekend as opposed to the 5th or 6th when AoU came out for Furious 7. 225 seems about right. Maybe a couple million less.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

I'm waiting on LOGAN to come to the 2nd run theatre around the corner.. How does LOGAN fare up against DOFP and Apocalypse??? :popcorn:

I enjoyed the crap out of Logan but it's a different beast from those two movies. 

Still, I enjoyed as much as, if not slightly more than DOFP, and it kicked the shit out of Apocalypse!! 

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Agreed. X-Men Apocalypse's BO numbers come to mind, sadly. Profitable and all and in hindsight a decrease after the super-event that happened in DOFP was to be expected but it's still disappointing how much it decreased from DOFP's numbers.

Apocalypse is a slightly different case because it was a critical disappointment after DoFP/Deadpool. And as the embargo had been lifted at the beginning of the month, the rotten score was present for all to see for weeks leading up to the release, in turn deflating audience anticipation. 

• Like 1