aabattery

Mary, Queen of Scots | 7nd December, 2018 | Jack Lowden Period Drama | Also has Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie, David Tennant, Guy Pearce, Joe Alwyn (from the Ang Lee movie no one remembers), Martin Compston and Brendon Coyle

On 7/13/2018 at 12:27 PM, The Futurist said:

I am like everyone else, I adore our Sirsha from the Block, but shee needs mainstream exposure.

Does she? It hasn't stopped her from getting Oscar noms. Unless she was losing roles to other actresses I don't see a reason to change course

Edited by bitterblue

7 hours ago, Wonder Midget said:

I think it will be refreshing to get a movie from Mary's point of view. The last time that happened was John Ford's 1937 MARY OF SCOTLAND with Katherine Hepburn.

There's a Vanessa Redgrave version which is a lot more recent from Mary's POV.

eta- crap sorry for the double post lol 

Edited by bitterblue

25 minutes ago, bitterblue said:

Does she? It hasn't stopped her from getting Oscar noms. Unless she was losing roles to other actresses I don't see a reason to change course

Everybody wants financial security.

American and english colleges are pricy, you want the best for your kids.

Don't worry, she will be on a giant green screen set soon.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bitterblue said:

She lost out the Rey role to Ridley but in hindsight she's probably glad about it as she got to do Lady Bird while poor Daisy has to contend with the nonsense surrounding TLJ.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I seem to recall a story around the Oscar season that she recently bought a mansion in Ireland so she must be doing alright with her indie films.

13 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I haven't seen it, but I would imagine The Host had quite the big green screen ?

But are those giant green screen set are bigger paycheck than the Lady Bird back end points or Hanna movies for that type of actor, so many stories of 300k type contract on those for the leads, when a Rose Byrne can make 500k in a supporting role in a mid budget movie, Kline made 350k on Ricky and The Flash and Melissa Leo made 200k on Equalizer 1

On 7/15/2018 at 1:17 AM, Wonder Midget said:

I think it will be refreshing to get a movie from Mary's point of view. The last time that happened was John Ford's 1937 MARY OF SCOTLAND with Katherine Hepburn.

There is a 2004 TV film made by the BBC called "Gunpowder, treason & plot", which is basically two movies. The first movie it's about the life of Mary, Queen of Scots, and tells the story from her perspective. The second one it's about her son, James, King of Scotland and England, and about the 1605 plot to blow up the Parliament.

Both movies are very good, and i particularly liked the one about Mary, Queen of Scots.

• Thanks 1

Also, Sirsha needs to branch out and challenge herself acting-wise.

She needs to do a crazy part where she takes drugs, shouts, swears, a bit of sex, she really needs to loose herself in a part.

She s way too controlled in everything she does and I wonder if there's a lioness somewhere in there, hiddeen from us.

We need to see Sirsha in Super Saiyan mode.

Edited by The Futurist

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's hilarious how much more boring The Favourite makes this look with every new piece of promotion.

Even more amusing when you consider the guy "from the Ang Lee movie no one remembers" is in both (he's also in Operation Finale and Boy Erased and is currently gracing the front of the Prada store at the mall so he's clearly not hurting for work at least).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Even more amusing when you consider the guy "from the Ang Lee movie no one remembers" is in both (he's also in Operation Finale and Boy Erased and is currently gracing the front of the Prada store at the mall so he's clearly not hurting for work at least).

t.swift's influence