trifle

WGA authorizes strike with 96% vote | tentative agreement reached at 1am PDT

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

TV will definitely get the worst of this, but it's not exactly going to be good for all fiction either way.

And poor James Cameron is on suicide watch because the Avatar sequels may have just been delayed another century.

Think we should be more worry about @IronJimbo. He may start predicting $5B for the sequels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still could use rewrites.

Jim had 4 or 5 script writers total working on the films, he then went over the scripts and Cameron'd them. The madman spent the last 2 years doing scripts.

"The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then. Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog."

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim had 4 or 5 script writers working on each film, he then went over them all and Cameron'd them. The madman spent the last 2 years doing scripts.

"The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then. Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog."

Cameron is either a part of the WGA or might support his fellow strikers.

12 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

And he'll spend the next 2 years or so doing rewrites forever pushing this back even further.. I'm willing to bet we don't even see a movie til 2020 at the earliest.. :popcorn:

They've already set a 2020 date so we won't see it until then regardless.

It wouldn't surprise me if the networks end up calling the streaming services and ask them to broadcast some of their older shows (like censored versions of House of Cards) just to fill up the schedule if this ends up being really dragged out.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the networks end up calling the streaming services and ask them to broadcast some of their older shows (like censored versions of House of Cards) just to fill up the schedule if this ends up being really dragged out.

It didn't work the last time when CBS broadcast edited versions of Dexter. It'll likely be repeats and reality shows 

Just now, Jonwo said:

It didn't work the last time when CBS broadcast edited versions of Dexter. It'll likely be repeats and reality shows 

Looks like I won't be watching broadcast TV anytime soon. Granted, I haven't done so in forever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I think what Noctis meant is he sees no reason she should stop working on her material in private, and then turning it over to the studio once the strike is over (as opposed to actively working with the studio during the strike).

That's also scabbing. She could work on a new project of hers -- another HP play or short story or another novel or whatever. But any actual writing on FB2 would be crossing the picket line. 

31 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Question, what stops writers from working on a screenplay in private at their home or what not?

Nothing. In fact, most writers write during the strike. They just work on their own, new material. They write spec scripts. They do stuff like Dr. Horrible. 

• Like 1