kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Better luck next year :Venom:

2 billi is the goal. Avengers 4 will have just Alladin opening during Memorial day weekend next year.

Don't forget the wildcard Detective Pikachu releasing one week after A4- also starring Ryan Reynolds. ;) On a more serious note, Aladdin might prove to be formidable competition (even if I have doubts about the director). It should easily be bigger than both DP2 and Solo OS (potentially BatB level or a bit under). And unless Disney moves A4 up a week, it still only has 3 weeks until the next major tentpole.

3 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Wait, that is brutal:

Pro.Box office says that:

Country Cume to Date Thursday, May 17 Gross
China $248.9M $8.6M
Korea $86.5M $0.3M
UK $84.9M $0.4M
Brazil $57.9M $0.4M
Mexico $56.5M $0.2M
India $42.2M $0.3M
Australia $41.7M $0.2M
France $41.0M $0.2M
Germany $37.4M $0.3M
Russia $30.4M $0.2M
Japan $29.1M $0.3M
Indonesia $24.9M $0.0M
Philippines $22.4M $0.1M
Spain $22.0M $0.1M
Italy $21.6M $0.1M
Taiwan $19.8M $0.1M
Hong Kong $19.1M $0.1M
Other $250.2M $1.2M
Total $1,136.5M $13.0M

compared too for Wednesday:

Country Cume to Date Wednesday, May 16 Gross
China $240.3M $10.1M
Korea $86.2M $0.4M
UK $84.5M $0.6M
Brazil $57.5M $0.6M
Mexico $56.2M $0.3M
India $42.0M $0.3M
Australia $41.5M $0.2M
France $40.8M $0.2M
Germany $37.1M $0.3M
Russia $30.2M $0.5M
Japan $28.9M $0.3M
Indonesia $24.9M $0.1M
Philippines $22.3M $0.1M
Spain $21.9M $0.3M
Italy $21.5M $0.1M
Taiwan $19.7M $0.1M
Hong Kong $19.0M $0.1M
Other $249.0M $2.5M
Total $1,123.5M

$17.1M

So it doubled in 'Others' but dropped or stayed in basically every listed country.

I guess 60% drop is likely.

I think the 50% drop in 'Others' is purely an artefact because of rounding numbers up/down. Presumably each country's number is rounded the nearest 0.1M, and the 'Others' figure is produced by subtracting all individual countries' rounded figures from the daily total. That can lead to huge day-to-day discrepancies.

• Like 2

It made $81M last weekend. in OS – China. I would say it has chances of dropping less than 50%. $42M + $48M in China = $90M weekend. Another $30M from NA means that the film would be around $1.820 billion by Sunday.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

It made $81M last weekend. in OS – China. I would say it has chances of dropping less than 50%. $42M + $48M in China = $90M weekend. Another $30M from NA means that the film would be around $1.820 billion by Sunday.

I doubt it, the last weekend drop was really good because it dropped just 7% in France, 12% in Germany and at least in Germany it looks like it will drop 60% this weekend. So I guess it will drop exactly 50% or more than 50%.

Going from a $4.4M Thursday we might be in for $8.8M Friday $15M Saturday and $12M Sunday for 40.2M and a 50.4% drop and yep I know France counts Wednesday as part of Weekend and some countries don't count Thursday as part of the Weekend, but I decided to just go with that number which will compensate France Wednesday and leaves room for slightly stronger Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Have people  come down to earth yet and given up on the 2 billion gross?  I told everyone that it was NEVER happening. I mean with Deadpool and Solo it’s beyond me why anyone ever thought it would make it  :hahaha:

Edited by GraceRandolph

44 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Have people  come down to earth yet and given up on the 2 billion gross?  I told everyone that it was NEVER happening. I mean with Deadpool and Solo it’s beyond me why anyone ever thought it would make it  :hahaha:

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

Seriously tho, how the hell that Grace wasn't banned yet? He/she did nothing but trying to start war

I just put them on ignore a long time ago, but I also do not quite understand how the account is still allowed. It’s clearly impersonating someone and had the lowest useful content:obvious troll bait ratio I’ve ever seen.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I just put them on ignore a long time ago, but I also do not quite understand how the account is still allowed. It’s clearly impersonating someone and had the lowest useful content:obvious troll bait ratio I’ve ever seen.

BoT moderation prefers a light touch

10 hours ago, Quigley said:

I think the 50% drop in 'Others' is purely an artefact because of rounding numbers up/down. Presumably each country's number is rounded the nearest 0.1M, and the 'Others' figure is produced by subtracting all individual countries' rounded figures from the daily total. That can lead to huge day-to-day discrepancies.

Yes... no point in putting too much stock in OS dailies; the numbers may fluctuate for a variety of reasons.

Why does one daily gross result in such extreme reactions? One good number and TFA is going down... one bad nunber and 2B is gone?

Right since the OW... 1.9-2.1B was the range. 2B was never locked and still isn't. 2B was never out of question, and still isn't.

This weekend will give a fairly good estimate. IW is almost exactly at 1700M after weekdays (~3M will be counted towards OS weekend).

Whatever the respective weekend grosses are, 3.25-3.5x may be expected from DOM, 2.75-3x may be expected from OS, and 1.8-2x may be expected from China.

To lock 2B... 30M DOM, 40M OS and 50M China is required. Even with 90% of these numbers, 2B will still be possible, although a bit difficult.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Fake said:

Why does one daily gross result in such extreme reactions? One good number and TFA is going down... one bad nunber and 2B is gone?

Right since the OW... 1.9-2.1B was the range. 2B was never locked and still isn't. 2B was never out of question, and still isn't.

This weekend will give a fairly good estimate. IW is almost exactly at 1700M after weekdays (~3M will be counted towards OS).

Whatever the respective weekend grosses are, 3.25-3.5x may be expected from DOM, 2.75-3x may be expected from OS, and 1.8-2x may be expected from China.

To lock 2B... 30M DOM, 40M OS and 50M China is required. Even with 90% of these numbers, 2B will still be possible, although a bit difficult.

What are the OS -C looking at? By last Sunday it made how many?

1 minute ago, Asyulus said:

What are the OS -C looking at? By last Sunday it made how many?

Will depend on this weekend drop. It is at 885M after counting weekdays.

If it drops to 35M, then it will probably add another 60-65M thereafter for a 980-985M finish.

If it can do 40M, then it will add another 75-80M thereafter, and will cross 1B OS-C.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bladels said:

Seriously tho, how the hell that Grace wasn't banned yet? He/she did nothing but trying to start war

There is nothing ban worthy in my post above. I’ve been saying this entire time that the movie wouldn’t gross 2 billion and I was right. Let’s not also forget that I love the MCU.  So it’s not like I’m going around calling the movie a flop or anything abrasive.  

5 hours ago, Fake said:

This weekend will give a fairly good estimate. IW is almost exactly at 1700M after weekdays (~3M will be counted towards OS).

Like @ZeeSoh once said: it's because BOT has a SERIOUS case of bipolarity when it comes to numbers.

• Haha 1

Before Weekend: $895.7M OS-China/$240.3M China/$566.4M DOM/$1,702.4

Weekend 4: $33.8M OS-China/$50M China/$30M DOM (Still adding $113.8M in weekend 4)

$929.5M OS-Chinal/$290.3M China/$596.4M DOM/$1,816M

Final: $975M-1.025B/$350M/$660-675M/$1.985-2.05B

Even if it collapses, Avengers: Infinity War has done more than what it was supposed to, even taking away China the film will have made more than the Original Avengers with $1,525.7M Worldwide-China. By the end of its run it will be $1.635-1.7B WW-China. 

• Like 2