Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There might be a reason the Sherlock Holmes 3 news quieted down and soon after it was announced RDJ's next big non Marvel will be D.r Dolittle  and Ritchie's next movie is with Disney (though again they really have to get him a keeper)

I think either Sherlock Holmes 3 won't happen or they'll get a new director. I do think WB likely has gotten cold feet over the project

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think either Sherlock Holmes 3 won't happen or they'll get a new director. I do think WB likely has gotten cold feet over the project

The only plus for Ritchie is the RDJ and he are friends - and his wife (and now their production co) are producers on the series.  I don't know if RDJ would do it w/o him.  Which might again explain why it's been pushed back.  Though look where friendship got Jude Law - in the stinker that is KA.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The only plus for Ritchie is the RDJ and he are friends - and his wife (and now their production co) are producers on the series.  I don't know if RDJ would do it w/o him.  Which might again explain why it's been pushed back.  Though look where friendship got Jude Law - in the stinker that is KA.

The other thing is where it could it go? The earliest WB could schedule it is November or December 2019 and then it'll be 8 years since the last film. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure not even Hunnam's gonna take the fall for King Arthur either. This bomb is entirely on WB.

They likely wrote it off a long time ago and they can easily blame Greg Silverman who greenlit it and is no longer at WB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure not even Hunnam's gonna take the fall for King Arthur either. This bomb is entirely on WB.

Lucky for him he's not a woman.  Scarlett wound up getting most of the stick for Ghost In the Shell - not the director and not the studio.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Lucky for him he's not a woman.  Scarlett wound up getting most of the stick for Ghost In the Shell - not the director and not the studio.

No she didn't. Sanders got bodyed and Scarlett still gets Marvel movies.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

To be fair, she got flack for that project ever since she took on the role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

No she didn't. Sanders got bodyed and Scarlett still gets Marvel movies.

I'm betting Sanders still finds another project sooner rather than later. Not because I necessarily want him to, but because they always seem to.

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

I'm betting Sanders still finds another project sooner rather than later. Not because I necessarily want him to, but because they always seem to.

You're betting very wrong, especially since he doesn't have anything yet. Hell, even the Oblivion guy hasn't been signed to anything yet and that movie had a decent gross compared to Ghost.