DM3 4.6

Baby Driver 3.8

Pulse:

1. Transformers

2. WW

3. Cars

4. DM3

5. Baby Driver

Awesome for Baby Driver!! At this time, Let's Be Cops didn't show up on MT until the next day (it showed up on the Tuesday before its Wednesday release).

Edited by BenedictL11

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering many low-teens openers don't show up on MT until the day of previews, this is fucking great for Baby Driver.

I'm thinking it can open even higher as long as audiences love it like the critics do.

Baby Driver is selling fine at the reserved seating theaters around me for tomorrow night's previews. If it does $1M+ tomorrow in previews that should be at least $5M for Wednesday since I'm sure Wright's fans will make it frontloaded, but then it should translate well throughout the 5-day frame since I doubt it'll be too frontloaded with the positive buzz it's enjoying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

10M? Doubt it. 7-8M is where I am right now.

Come to Portugal, tho. NOS is making sure it will be a giant Summer hit here and it faces no competition on the 2nd weekend either.

Oh really? Interesting. Hey, I'm not gonna lie: I want it to succeed, so... for once, I agree w/Portugal's supporting of a bomb (assuming the film is any good) :P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Baby Driver Presales Tuesday

1st local (1 screen, 2 showings, 60 seats) 11/120 sold

2nd local (1 screen, 2 showings, 175 seats) 23/350 sold

Mall (1 screen, 2 showings, 300 seats) 23/600 sold

Tuesday presales are so tough to guesstimate from, but this isn't great, but it's also not catastrophic...I'll try to update tomorrow to see where it goes...

Pretty much same time, 24 hours later:)...

BD

1st local - 38/120 sold

2nd local - 40/350 sold

Mall (added 2 Dolby showings for tonight sometime since my last post - that's a good sign - it didn't have Dolby before, and looking, TF lost them for tonight - gonna see if they are splitting for the week til Friday, or if TF is already losing them this fast:) - 37/600 sold on original screens and 31/450 on new screens...

EDIT: TF lost all Dolby for W/TH to BD, but no decision yet made for the weekend if DM3 or BD gets it...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, bcf26 said:

What do 0 complete and 1 complete mean?

It's from the Tele sellout counting handbook.  Complete means every seat sold (Fandango will pale out a show time for that which makes it so much easier to count)  otherwise sellouts are where there's only the front row left or less.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh really? Interesting. Hey, I'm not gonna lie: I want it to succeed, so... for once, I agree w/Portugal's supporting of a bomb (assuming the film is any good) :P

NOS is pushing it so hard I have to assume they payed a fortune for the rights. There is no way it doesn't become a hit here.

• Like 1

My theater has posted their schedule for the weekend: Despicable Me 3 on 4 screens, Baby Driver on 2 screens, The House, and The Beguiled. The six big houses featuring the balconies go to 2 screens for Despicable Me 3, both screens for Baby Driver, The House, and The Beguiled. Baby Driver getting both its screens in the bigger auditoriums is a huge sign of confidence, hopefully it pays off.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My theater has posted their schedule for the weekend: Despicable Me 3 on 4 screens, Baby Driver on 2 screens, The House, and The Beguiled. The six big houses featuring the balconies go to 2 screens for Despicable Me 3, both screens for Baby Driver, The House, and The Beguiled. Baby Driver getting both its screens in the bigger auditoriums is a huge sign of confidence, hopefully it pays off.

T
O
M
A
T
O

L
A
W

• Like 7

I forgot The House is opening this w/e.    WB seems to have forgotten as well.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I forgot The House is opening this w/e.    WB seems to have forgotten as well.

I was fully planning on seeing The House until it became apparent that even WB thinks it's trash (by not screening it for critics). Definitely planning on seeing the other three openers this weekend, though!

Also @CJohn: if you eventually get permabanned for ruining the way everyone sees posts on this site with your walls of big bold text I'm gonna laugh and say "HA! Told ya so!"

• Like 3

I was fully planning on seeing The House until it became apparent that even WB thinks it's trash (by not screening it for critics). Definitely planning on seeing the other three openers this weekend, though!

Also @CJohn: if you eventually get permabanned for ruining the way everyone sees posts on this site with your walls of big bold text I'm gonna laugh and say "HA! Told ya so!"

Why do you care so much about what critics might think if you were already looking forward to it?

• Like 3