21.59%

7.89m

F9 (adj)

---

0/80

11259/12450

9.57%

---

SELLOUT NOTE:  Locally, AQP II was still under a capacity cap, which greatly inflated the number of sellouts as well as depressing the amount of seats available.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE 1:  AQP II (adj) is the amount of seats sold after the theaters which currently have unreliable data polluting their seat maps have been removed.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE 2:  F9 (adj) is the amount of seats sold without DBOX seats counted, which started on this track.

===

Good-ish day, but comp fell because AQP II had a good day as well.  Still, at least F9 isn't flatlining right now.

F9 Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-8 days and counting

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

10.09%

Showings Reached Theater Cap

Total Showings Added Today

Total Seats Added Today

Total Seats Sold Today

T-8 Comp                    USE WITH CAUTION

%

Sold T-8

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

AQP II (adj)

2/79

2439/3230

32.43%

7.83m

F9 (adj)

---

0/84

11703/12994

9.94%

---

SELLOUT NOTE:  Locally, AQP II was still under a capacity cap, which greatly inflated the number of sellouts as well as depressing the amount of seats available.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE 1:  AQP II (adj) is the amount of seats sold after the theaters which currently have unreliable data polluting their seat maps have been removed.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE 2:  F9 (adj) is the amount of seats sold without DBOX seats counted, which started on this track.

===

Another good day, but comp more less stayed level as it didn't outperform AQP II by enough.  Also slightly wary of that number, as a Regal theater capped out a 4DX showing and I had to guess at how many seats were sold before it triggered the cap.  Went for 50% as it was semi-close to that last night (39% sold) as any other number didn't make much sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Porthos said:

Black Widow Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-23 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

9.34%

Total Seats Sold Today

No official comps at the moment.

Black Widow Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-22 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

9.51%

Total Showings Added Today

Total Seats Added Today

Total Seats Sold Today

No official comps at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Must've miscounted or somehow skipped over a theater or two. I just counted 667

Yes, just rechecked. Donno what went wrong.

Spoiler

Valley Fair - 31 on 6 shows

Cottonwood - 55 on 2

Jordan Commons - 49 on 3

The District - 135 on 6

Legacy - 37 on 3

Thanksgiving Point - 67 on 5

Geneva - 113 on 3

The Junction - 56 on 3

Providence - 17 on 1

University - 37 on 2

Cedar Stadium - 19 on 2

Pineview - 46 on 5

Sunset Stadium - 5 on 2

Mesquite - 0 on 2

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I still see social distancing followed in NY. Wasn't it lifted. What are they waiting for.

Which chain?  If it's AMC as far as I know, they haven't stopped distancing anywhere.  Even in places like Texas, which junked social distancing rules ages ago, they're still distancing (just checked a rando AMC theater in Houston to make sure).

Now maybe pressure from Cinemark/Regal will make them change in time for BW. Or, probably more accurately, the pressure of lost ticket sales. But so far, they haven't budged.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1

I thought F9 numbers on MTC 2 were big with 20K THU and 18K FRI T-9 Days on 315 locs, but Mortal Kombat was like 28.5K in MTC 2 T-6 days on 294 locs. 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Mortal Kombat (T-6)

MTC1 - 28730/469864 415671.00 2291 shows(417 theatres) //  54 sellouts

MTC2 - 28577/412631 350666.93 2647 shows(294 theatres) // 38 sellouts

MK sales were pretty healthy in hindsight just that DS over shadowed it and obvious tanking post release.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I thought F9 numbers on MTC 2 were big with 20K THU and 18K FRI T-9 Days on 315 locs, but Mortal Kombat was like 28.5K in MTC 2 T-6 days on 294 locs. 

MK sales were pretty healthy in hindsight just that DS over shadowed it and obvious tanking post release.

Consider though that my number is a few thousand lower than Keyser's usually. Anyways I forgot to update F9 and BW yesterday but they will be coming today. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Consider though that my number is a few thousand lower than Keyser's usually. Anyways I forgot to update F9 and BW yesterday but they will be coming today. 

Yeah I do consider that, just in the context that MK is very small film infront of F9. It shouldn't be this close.

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguards Wednesday Final:

Shows: 2589

Sold: 24634/387830

$270K Gross may be. $1.7M True WED may be. Assuming Tue was discounted, $2.4M OD. If not discounted $2.8M OD.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Include. If Tuesday was discount day then $650-700K previews. If normal then $1.1M.

Per Deadline: Lionsgate had two sets of sneak previews over the weekend, with about 275 locations in a Atom Tickets/Snapchat sponsorship and another 1,500 locations which both amounted to $1.8M. Tuesday previews amounted to around $815K. The balance yesterday was $1.3M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Sandro Mazzola said:

Per Deadline: Lionsgate had two sets of sneak previews over the weekend, with about 275 locations in a Atom Tickets/Snapchat sponsorship and another 1,500 locations which both amounted to $1.8M. Tuesday previews amounted to around $815K. The balance yesterday was $1.3M.

Not sure where that 1.3m comes from.

1.8m sneaks

+ 815k Tues previews

= 2.615 full previews

3.5 cume leaves ~885k for true Wed or 1.7 for full OD.

Also possible that I'm completely missing something 

3 minutes ago, katnisscinnaplex said:

Not sure where that 1.3m comes from.

1.8m sneaks

+ 815k Tues previews

= 2.615 full previews

3.5 cume leaves ~885k for true Wed or 1.7 for full OD.

Also possible that I'm completely missing something 

3.9 cume, not 3.5

• Like 1

Seem like being a meme stock have indulged AMC to practice seat blocking, instead of maximizing footfall.

I saw some AMC theaters are blocking every alternate rows on top of the blocked seat in left and right, basically put overall capacity below 50% effectively. Aren't they overdoing it?? With more than 50% of the American vaccinated, it is more likely you will be seating next to a vaccinated person than not.     

14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Seem like being a meme stock have indulged AMC to practice seat blocking, instead of maximizing footfall.

I saw some AMC theaters are blocking every alternate rows on top of the blocked seat in left and right, basically put overall capacity below 50% effectively. Aren't they overdoing it?? With more than 50% of the American vaccinated, it is more likely you will be seating next to a vaccinated person than not.     

They, along with Regal and Cinemark, were doing that in movie theaters where rows were too close together and (potentially) violating the six feet social distance restriction.  From what I saw locally from Regal and Cinemark, it was in theaters that had stadium seating but did NOT have luxury recliners (or similar seats).

Basically it's AMC sticking with social distancing when they don't have to. 

As I understand it/if I had to guess, they originally did this back in April/earlier as a way of reassuring customers in Florida (and Texas?) where the state governments suddenly opened the barn door to everyone and some folks were apprehensive to going back. Trying to imply, if not outright say, "Don't worry.  We're a Responsible Business.  We care about your health and safety even if we aren't being forced to."  I.e. if one wants to be cynical: Branding.

Plus, it's not like they were really losing out on all that much considering even with capping GvK and MK weren't THAT big.

So it's not so much Meme Stock Invulnerability as AMC Reading the Room/Making a Play for Nervous Customers in April/May and then dragging their feet in updating their policies in June/July.

If I had to guess, they'll drop this in time for BW only because that's a big enough film to make it worth their while.  On the other hand, that cynical side of me hears "Branding" and can't quite shake it.  Still, likely gone in the next week or two. If not the next few days. Especially with both Regal and Cinemark plowing ahead.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2