kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I just read this on Twitter: "Kristin Wiig is a comedic actress. Charlize Theron has a wider acting range. I love Kristin but nooooo!"

What a load of crap.

When an actor is predominantly known for dramatic roles (while ocassionally dabbling in comedy), the overall perception is that they are "better actors" or "have wider range" than an actor who is predominantly known for comedic roles (while ocassionally dabbling in drama).

Can there be a worse, more stupid stereotype related to acting?

Of course, this mentality is quite ingrained not just among audiences but in the industry itsefl, and hence why we rarely see actors being Oscar nominated for comedies. 

Wiig's range is equal to Theron's: the former is a comedic actress who sometimes does drama and tha latter is a dramatic actress that somertimes does comedy.

Wiig will be fine.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The best way to handle it would have been to introduce and develop Cheetah as a human ally in the second WW while having Circe as a villain, and only then use Cheetah as the villain for the third WW movie.

That would be a bad idea. They need to make a film that stands on its own, not one that exists to setup some hypothetical future film.

They can do the full arc of Cheetah in this film. For example: set the first act in the past, show Diana (in her archeological researcher guise) and Minerva meet and become friends on some sort of expedition. At the capstone of the act, something goes horribly wrong and Minerva is turned into Cheetah, though from Diana's perspective, Minerva dies. Cut to the present for the second and third acts, where Minerva returns, vowing revenge on Diana. You get the superheroics and action, but you also establish a personal connection between the characters which will make for a much better movie.

• Like 2

I am thrilled with the Wiig casting. If played right, this movie could be bigger than the first. People will go in expecting it to be good, rather than with the tepid expectations of the first WW. The first movie had to overcome the stench of bad wom from previous DCEU movies. Although, there isn’t one movie that I hated, SS was not good. I did not really like the cinematic version of BvS at all, but the extended cut was better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I'm interested who will be cast for supporting roles in this film. The cast of the first film should be dead. 

I am also paying attention.

If they really want to differentiate this film from the first one, I would suggest to make the key relationships all female (as opposed to the huge role that Steve Trevor's words, memories, and his own damn self had in the first one): Cheetah and Diana, Cheetah and Circe (possibly?), Diana and her old comics mentor, JUlia Kapatelis, Diana and her goddesses, etc.

Also, please please please have Diana and Wonder Woman's fights be more practical than CGI...

22 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

The cast of the first film should be dead. 

There's a chance Sameer, Charlie and Etta are alive and a little over 100 during the time period of this film :P Kind of a stretch to believe all three survived that long or if they were all in their early 30's in the first film, but passable and nobody would care much. 

Chief btw was confirmed to be an immortal Native American god, so it's super easy to include him. 

1 minute ago, A Roc in Time said:

AFAIK he isn't doing anything hands-on with any of the DC movies going forward. He might remain as a producer for some time, but that doesn't indicate direct involvement.

Most likely he's getting executive producer credit but no hands on involvement

9 hours ago, langer said:

I see he is credited as a producer on the sequel, but not a as writer so far.  Would love to see him involved on WW again. 

Only thing Snyder is getting in the DCU is a "Courtesy" producer title. His take on the DCU has been tried, and has failed.

The less involment he has the better.

Edited by dudalb