Finnick

Thursday Numbers: WONDER WOMAN:$9.19M (DOWN JUST 1.5%) Wow!!

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Mummy preview numbers seem good. Over 30M seems very possible. 

So doubt it

I didn't see the preview numbers yet when I posted this

1 minute ago, ArrowOfTime said:

Is it? Note according to Deadline.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-beats-tom-cruise-mummy-at-the-box-office-1202110164/

"Current running cume stands at $147.8M, and should Wonder Woman on the low end make $52.2M (her second weekend is expected to be as high as $60M), she’ll easily clock past the two century mark at the B.O."

LOL Deadline quoting themselves as anonymous experts. That's like Kal using himself for his crazy predictions. 

• Like 14

Some folks who cursed that WW making sub 50% drop is far from reality, raise their prediction a bit again.

From 55-60% drop and 2.5x ow finish, then 50-55% drop and 2.7-2.8x finish, then 52% drop, then 50m+ 2nd wk.

Now what!? 

Their confidence keeps dropping each day.

One thing they were already wrong; sub 50% drop is NOT FAR from reality AT ALL. In fact, the 50% drop may be the most accurate prediction of all, not in the high 50s they were talking about in the beginning.

Imagine when Friday number comes? The curses will all be broken.

:D:lol:

Of all the weekday numbers that we have so far this is the first one that has really kind of shocked me. I know its only 3% less than what I thought it would drop but that's a really impressive hold considering there were a few other movies that opened last night as well. I think 50 million for the weekend is really on the table.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Deadline still maintaining $60m for weekend. What is making them think so?

Have they finally go completely crazy?

They are using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle numbers from last year. If you use those numbers it comes in at around 58 million I think. So there's 60 million prediction at least in theory doesn't seem too far out of whack even though I don't think it's going to come close.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James said:

Gotta love this place. Yesterday everyone was like this:

giphy.gif

And today everyone is like:

tenor.gif

Not everyone. Only those who reacted to the 35% not to those who look back at history. In other words for those of us who have been around for a while yesterday's drop was normal.:qotd:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, baumer said:

They are using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle numbers from last year. If you use those numbers it comes in at around 58 million I think. So there's 60 million prediction at least in theory doesn't seem too far out of whack even though I don't think it's going to come close.

Thanks! So, do above 50 is good possibility?

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Not everyone. Only those who reacted to the 35% not to those who look back at history. In other words for those of us who have been around for a while yesterday's drop was normal.:qotd:

So what you wanna say is:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So, it will not affect WW. That's good.

No, it still could.  Not saying it will, but there's a possibility the series will end tonight so the champions will be crowned, have the trophy presentation and all that.  People will tune in for that just to see the whole pomp and circumstance.  

Now how much will it affect it is the question.  It could be next to nothing or at least a little ding in the Friday number.  The Saturday number may make up for it though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 75live said:

No, it still could.  Not saying it will, but there's a possibility the series will end tonight so the champions will be crowned, have the trophy presentation and all that.  People will tune in for that just to see the whole pomp and circumstance.  

Now how much will it affect it is the question.  It could be next to nothing or at least a little ding in the Friday number.  The Saturday number may make up for it though

You also have to consider that regardless this game is HUGE because the Warriors are looking to make history by going 16-0 in the playoffs. It will affect Friday but Saturday and Sunday will have much better holds as a result. 

Thats what happened with Wednesday and Thursday...in my eyes at least. 

• Like 1