YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

27 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

If 47 Meters does not open in 3,500 locations, and Baywatch does not loose almost half its theaters next week, Baywatch might make it to 60 million over the summer

Thats still bad, half of what people were predicting. 

That movie really wasn't what was advertised anyway. 

• Like 1

Baywatch is just a massive disappointment. Clearly the studio were looking for a 21 JumpStreet type gross, if they weren't they wouldn't have marketed it so heavily and why would they spend more than 30-35mil making it? 

340+ Dom seems possible for WONDR if you compare with TDKR (448+ Dom)

Date
(click to view chart)
Rank Weekend
Gross
%
Change
Theaters Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week
#
Jul 20–22 1 $160,887,295 - 4,404 - $36,532 $160,887,295 1
Jul 27–29 1 $62,101,451 -61.4% 4,404 - $14,101 $287,112,810 2

TDKR's 2nd weekend was just 5m more than WONDR (57 vs 62). Both have mid-summer (jun-aug) weekdays.

The difference in cume after 10-days is 82 : 205 vs 287

This gap between TDKR and WONDR will increase further as next week too WONDR will be behind TDKR dailies. But if WONDR can keep the gap close to 110 in the end then 340+ Dom is possible as TDKR ended with 448 (448-108=340).

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Incredible weekend for an overrated movie 

When you look at a flower in a garden full of awfull shit it tends to look a rose

• Like 6

Baywatch's 5-day (Thu-Mon) falling below 30 was a bad surprise. But was too busy moping about POTC opening below APOC to care.

Edited by a2knet

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

What's with the obsession some have of wanting WW over BvS domestic.  I'm pretty sure Warner Bros. themselves would be dancing in the streets if that happens.  It doesn't hurt them to have WW make more.  Both will end up turning nice profits.  Either way WB wins. :lol:

The prospect of Wonder Woman alone outgrossing Superman + Batman + Wonder Woman is quite entertaining.

Also, it's an infinitely better film.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

What's with the obsession some have of wanting WW over BvS domestic.  I'm pretty sure Warner Bros. themselves would be dancing in the streets if that happens.  It doesn't hurt them to have WW make more.  Both will end up turning nice profits.  Either way WB wins. :lol:

So embarrassing for the DCEU that their successful movies are outdoing themselves 

giphy.gif

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Incredible weekend for an overrated movie 

Haven't watched WONDR but felt similarly about DP last year. 360+ CBM with great legs.

Was a nice movie but felt like the quality was not commensurate with the legs.

But was at least a fun watch...unlike one Disney live-action/animation that same year which beat DP marginally :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wonder Woman is the Jurassic World-Finding Dory June juggernaut of 2017, it seems (obviously it won't come anywhere near either of those, but in terms of its performance, it's almost unstoppable and doing faaaar better than expectations).

@Jonwo and @franfar were right.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The prospect of Wonder Woman alone outgrossing Superman + Batman + Wonder Woman is quite entertaining.

Also, it's an infinitely better film.

This, and it's a good way to encourage them to make good films. 

Also, WW going over BvS second weekend means I still haven't lost a club, even when I joined some that were considered long shots(Zootopia over 300, TFA over Avatar dom, and Tammy under 100m which I started and NO-ONE JOINED). :)

(and yes I'm aware I'm 100% jinxing my next club right now)

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Haven't watched WONDR but felt similarly about DP last year. 360+ CBM with great legs.

Was a nice movie but felt like the quality was not commensurate with the legs.

But was at least a fun watch...unlike one Disney live-action/animation that same year which beat DP marginally :ph34r:

How dare you sir, The Jungle Book was great. How much did WB/Universal/Fox pay you to say that? :ph34r: