YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

THE PHANTOM MENACE was the 1st Star Wars movie I ever saw. Had no idea about the chronology. Asked for the "first" movie and the guy handed me that DVD.

I liked it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Cars 3 settles for a $50M opening. I'm more interested in how Rough Night fares: the market is starving for a comedy and marketing has been plentiful, but I wonder if the premise is a tad too "mean-spirited" to take it to large numbers.

Rough Night will do fine (reviews will surely be better than Snatched + Baywatch) but could have been a bigger breakout had it been WB or Universal been the distributor

It's being advertised more of a "girls night out" type film (which should still benefit from a hungry marketplace and female demographic) when it should be more of an event comedy

Budget is only 20m, so it should be fine regardless 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

lol @ this poster

8mZ6EQf.jpg

Couldn't they have combined the eyes and put the name of the film in the 3rd slot.

DB18oCaV0AAqG5b.jpg

"the cummy" must've been the movie han saw when he saw that twink peaks trailer.

• Like 5

Serious Questions for the MOD ?

How the hell are you guys on here 24x7x365 ?

You are either the woman of the household, retired, work from home or just automated computer program just responding to posts. How do you guys generate enough income to even stay alive on this forum ? And how the hell do you put up with this day care ?

Just now, grey ghost said:

one month ago: You can't go off topic.

weeks ago: You can only discuss movies.

now: You can only discuss certain movies.

next: You can only discuss movies without vowels.

Distant future: You can only discuss movies with skybeams

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to believe that Russell Crowe was once nominated for three Oscars in a row and won one of them (almost two). Then again, the guy's temper is as legendary as his acting ability, so I guess it was only a matter of time until he hit supporting roles in major franchise films. I hope he gets another chance to straight-up act circles around everyone else around him in a dramatic role.

• Like 1