Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm curious about how Pets 2 and Minions 2 will perform domestically.

Minions 2 needs to improve on Minions but I wonder what direction they'll go? another prequel set in the late 70s or early 80s with teenage Gru or perhaps something different like a road trip movie.

I could see Pets 2 declining from the first but still make over $300m or falling short due to heavier competition

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Minions 2 needs to improve on Minions but I wonder what direction they'll go? another prequel set in the late 70s or early 80s with teenage Gru or perhaps something different like a road trip movie.

I could see Pets 2 declining from the first but still make over $300m or falling short due to heavier competition

Agreed. I also wonder if Pets 2 and Homecoming 2 open on the same weekend what'll each one make?

Edited by YourMother

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Minions 2 could be maybe teenage Gru or maybe even have a connection with dru since

Dru is now evil, Gru is good. And in the ending of DM3, Dru leaves with the minions.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Does anyone here watched The Beguiled? I'm really curious to watch it, but it seems to be getting a cold response from audiences. 

Don't bother. If you can, get hold of the 1971 adaptation instead.

• Like 1

So is this gonna become the new way to calculate and estimate opening weeks now 

Btw using the same youtube view to ow multi as WW for spidey gives an opening of 115.1m OW. Lets see if that happens :ph34r:

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks so much! I'm glad they are appreciated/helpful for someone. :) 

Peace,

Mike

Mike ive been following the box office for about 30 years and your analysis is some of the best I've ever read. So I too thank you.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Mike ive been following the box office for about 30 years and urinalysis is some of the best I've ever read. So I too thank you.

Your voice text gives me life everyday. When I think it cant surprise me anymore, it does. God bless your phone, Baumer.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So Ansel is a certified star now. 2 movies (Fault and this) are not a coincidence. Ansel vs Alden will be interesting careers to watch. 

I don't understand how Ansel didn't get Han Solo gig. I guess Alden has better connections. But I think producers made a mistake.

Yeesh. Just got out of the House. Less worried now about its bombing epically, and just relieved that nobody is seeing it, for the sake of the careers of everyone involved :sick:

• Like 4

gNy2P++mqlS9gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Judging from these #'s, Despicable Me 3 should do a minimum of 67% of its weekend total (removing Thursday figures) during the weekdays.  75% seems more appropriate, 70% is conservative, and 80% is possible. 

Cars 3 should make 80% of its weekend # during the weekdays with 85-90% possible. 

Captain Underpants will most likely make the same during the weekdays as it did during the weekend.  The Boss Baby might even go a little higher with the ratio.

Baby Driver might hit 75%, with 70% being conservative and 67% being a minimum.  80% is not out of the picture.

The House is looking at 77.5% weekdays to weekend ratio.  Same for Baywatch.  Rough Night might go higher.

The performances of The Patriot and The Perfect Storm suggest Wonder Woman could approach 80% and Megan Leavy could go even higher.  Also, Transformers might get above 75% and close to 77.5%

It also looks like adult independent films fare well in the 75-85% range.  The Big Sick, Beatriz, Book of Henry, and Beguiled looking at 80%

Tentpoles in their final weeks seem to approach a # of 77.5% to 80%, with the older skewing going the highest.  Look for Mummy, Pirates, Galaxy, all to get to 80%.

All Eyez on Me should do a minimum of Waist Deep's 58.6% and I see it doing 2/3 or 67%.

47 Meters is a wildcard.  anywhere from 67 to 85%

It seems Superman might be a lower outlier for some reason.  Pirates 2 opening Thursday at midnight in 2006 should have the same affect a Spider-Man: Homecoming this year.

Still, 67% seems to be the baseline for Baby Driver, Transformers and Despicable 3 with Wonder Woman looking at least 75%.

**I will not do projections until tomorrow because I do not agree with any of the current estimates.

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 4