WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

They have the same agency representing them.

Same agency, different agents.  I don't really think the issue is Wahlberg getting paid, he should get paid for reshoots.  It's that Williams didn't.  The onus should be n her agents, not Wahlbergs.  But it's the others shitty things he did on the production.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This is bad publicity and contrary to the common saying not all publicity is good publicity.

It's a good publicity stunt for creating awareness for the movie. It doen't do harm to the movie because it's not Kevin Spacey scandal level of bad. No audience will go "Oh I'm not gonna watch that movie becayse Wahlberg is so greedy."

It wil harm Wahlberg's public image a little bit but look quickly they "decided" to donate the money.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-wahlberg-donates-his-fee-all-money-reshoots-1074565

Edited by vc2002

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

It's a good publicity stunt for the movie. It doen't do harm to the movie because it's not Kevin Spacey scandal level of bad.

It wil harm Wahlberg's public image a little bit but look quickly they "decided" to donate the money.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-wahlberg-donates-his-fee-all-money-reshoots-1074565

There is no way Walberg's publicist would agree to this and I assume his publicist gets quite the fee to look out for his best interest.  It would hurt his publicists reputation with other clients. His publicist is probably the one trying to clean this up - after the fact - by pushing for his fee to made a donation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There is no way Walberg's publicist would agree to this and I assume his publicist gets quite the fee to look out for his best interest.  It would hurt his publicists reputation with other clients. His publicist is probably the one trying to clean this up - after the fact - by pushing for his fee to made a donation.

Hmm that's a good point.

Also, I forgot to consider that there's no reason for Walberg to do that. It's not like this movie's flopping would greatly damage his career or somthing.

Guess I was being a bit too suspicious.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

This is possibly the biggest media attention Michelle Whatshername Williams ever got in her carreer.

:hahaha:

i remember she got a lot when heath ledger died honestly i think that was the first time i'd heard of her. also that was a full-ass decade ago next week wow.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

This is possibly the biggest media attention Michelle Whatshername Williams ever got in her carreer.

:hahaha:

I don't like her "depressed wife" acting. always the same shit. 

No , I have not seen this movie. IS she playing a different role?

Edited by Alli

Just now, Alli said:

I don't like her "depressed wife" acting. always the same shit. 

No , I have not seen this movie. IS she playing a different role?

she actually is. it's a lot more fiery than her usual mopey shtick. i really wasn't a fan of her manchester peformance that everyone over hyped but she's quite good here. love the old hollywood type accent she's doing in this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i remember she got a lot when heath ledger died honestly i think that was the first time i'd heard of her. also that was a full-ass decade ago next week wow.

10 years ago, at the beginning of 2008, Hollywood was ready to write off funny book movies  and well ...