kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 406.0 M overseas ● 622.7 M worldwide

13 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with this emoji. Panamovie's numbers are extremely reasonable, though perhaps a bit optimistic re: China.

Yes, I'm being optimistic with China (130M)

But I didn't know that Fallout is the week after Ant-Man so it could be lower...

On 8/6/2018 at 1:40 AM, PanaMovie said:

Yes, I'm being optimistic with China (130M)

But I didn't know that Fallout is the week after Ant-Man so it could be lower...

On 8/6/2018 at 1:25 AM, Thanos Legion said:

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with this emoji. Panamovie's numbers are extremely reasonable, though perhaps a bit optimistic re: China.

Why do you think $130M. If the first one made $105M, isn't an increase expected anyway?

On 8/6/2018 at 7:52 AM, Hades said:

China will determine if this goes under 600 mil or over. It depends on how much  they love their Mission Impossible movies...:popcorn:

Under 600M is not happening but more like under/over 650M.

Edited by Valonqar

it still has markets to go including an all important China. :)

I don't see it missing 600M in any scenario. It still has steam in US, is about to open in Japan, China and 1 or 2 European countries. I don't know how far above 600M it'll go but it'll cross it w/o fudge.

The heck.

Over 60% drop. Was its previous weekend inflated by any previews?

By the way, it's not too difficult to get why it's doing shabby numbers. It's pretty mediocre, it comes after 4B worth of SH movies, it has no concrete connection with IW and it doesn't actually feel like it's part of the MC universe.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

it still has markets to go including an all important China. :)

I don't see it missing 600M in any scenario. It still has steam in US, is about to open in Japan, China and 1 or 2 European countries. I don't know how far above 600M it'll go but it'll cross it w/o fudge.

current os markets could bring 2x this weekend more taking it to 460 ww.

dom could bring 3x this weekend more (for 215.5 dom) giving 472.

china could do 110-120? that gives 582-592.

does it have japan to go? 10 odd there. gives 592-602

if any other markets are remaining then even on the low-end it gets very close to 600.

• Like 1

Maybe 255-260 from current OS markets. ~15 Italy+Portugal+Japan, call it 270 there. 220 from DOM is 490. Would only need to beat the original by 5M in China for 600. Needs to beat it by like 15M to get the MCU to 4B this year though.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1