CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Gonna nick this from your other (very good) thread for context:

13M would be between Deadpool and Iron Man 3. Bodes pretty well for the weekend to come, me thinks.

Iron Man 3 is from 10pm previews though, not 7pm. Small problem taking that for extrapolation. And Deadpool had a Valentine's Day Sunday boosting it's OW.

• Like 3

It opened to H.K 5 million OD in Honk Kong. That is better than Doctor Strange, WW and BaTB (batb is current highest grossing in HK) so very good number in relation. Numbers courtesy and thanks to

@Olive

And damnit deadline causing me to change my derby predictions again and again. 

10 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-box-office-opening-1202124834/

Writethru Thursday 9:01PM after 6:08 PM post: After strong west coast ticket sales, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming looks to have increased from the $10M we saw earlier tonight to $13M-plus.  That figure could be higher by the time the sun comes up.

:) 

Peace,

Mike

LOL!!  Oh, Deadline, never, never, never change!  Best part - "it could be higher by the time the sun comes up."  Aka, "I still know absolutely nothing but I'm heading to bed."

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Iron Man 3 is from 10pm previews though, not 7pm. Small problem taking that for extrapolation. And Deadpool had a Valentine's Day Sunday boosting it's OW.

Still a nice number :ph34r:

I will roughly guess that $13 million in previews will lead to a $115-130 million weekend for Spidey. That low end is about where it would fall if it has the same share of opening weekend from previews as Ant-Man (which also opened in July), and the high end is if the share from previews is 10% (close to how the Amazing Spider-Man 2 did). It will be fun to follow it this weekend! 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I will roughly guess that $13 million in previews will lead to a $115-130 million weekend for Spidey. That low end is about where it would fall if it has the same share of opening weekend from previews as Ant-Man (which also opened in July), and the high end is if the share from previews is 10% (close to how the Amazing Spider-Man 2 did). It will be fun to follow it this weekend! 

Peace,

Mike

Ant Man seems more realistic as that was also a July release while Asm2 opened in the beginning of May 

ANYONE WHO IS PUTTING THEIR OD PREDICTIONS IN HERE, AND ARE HOPING I SEE THEM FOR THE GOLD ACCOUNT CONTEST....PLEASE DON'T.........SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM.  IM NOT SIFTING THROUGH  736 PAGES OF MELTDOWNS TO FIND YOUR OD PREDICTION....ONLY PREDICTIONS SENT TO MY PM WILL COUNT......YOU HAVE  HOURS LEFT TO GET THEM IN!

• Like 2