CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

While he does look like he could be Fire/Fighting, I am so glad he's not. We've already had too many starters of that typing. Delphox was a relief when I found out she was Fire/Psychic. Same goes for Fire/Dark here.

Also type makes sense if you are

familiar with professional wrestling and its terms.

If you are, it'll look like a heel wrestler, and thus Dark type

If you aren't, it'll look like a wrestler, and thus Fighting type

It's a wrestler, so of course it's going to look like a Fighting type, but since it's a heel and heels are known for using dirty tactics, which is what the Dark type is all about, it's Dark

I assume you have Sun/Moon, if possible I'd like to battle you sometime.

A wild Snyder appeared! 

Go! Jenkins! 

Snyder used Slo-mo. It's not very effective.

What will Jenkins do? 

Jenkins used Characterization. It's super effective!

Snyder used Martha. It had no effect.

Jenkins threw a lasso of truth!

Gotcha! Snyder was caught! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And...they made an MCU you love...doesn't mean there would never be an MCU or a great supers movie outside the MCU without Iron Man and the Disney MCU shepherding.  There were great supers movies before the MCU, there are great supers movies not in the current MCU, and there will be great supers movies after the MCU eventually fades away.  The IP is always growing and getting bigger in the comics world every day...it's been and will continue to be a wealth of story ideas for past, present, and future moviemakers...

I remember Marvel movie before Marvel Studios.

Every other movie was rotten and/or a flop.

Just because Marvel Studios makes it look easy doesn't mean it is.

How many studios can make four superhero movies in a row with over 80% on Rotten Tomatoes and over 500 m WW?

None.

How many cinematic universes is worth billions and are a critic favorite?

None.

Give credit where credit is due. Marvel Studios are trail blazers. One of the biggest success stories in Hollywood history.

Sony, Paramount, Fox... they can't match this tiny sub-studio's annual revenue.

Edited by grey ghost

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I remember Marvel movie before Marvel Studios.

Every other movie was rotten and/or a flop.

Just because Marvel Studios makes it look easy doesn't mean it is.

How many studios can make four superhero movies in a row with over 80% on Rotten Tomatoes and over 500 m WW.

None.

How many cinematic universes is worth billions and are a critic favorite.

None.

Give credit where credit is due. Marvel Studios are trail blazers. One of the biggest success stories in Hollywood history.

Sony, Paramount, Fox... they can't match this tiny sub-studio's annual revenue.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Good movie (hail Taika) + probably rave reviews + excellent marketing (so far) + Hulk + Strange.

All Ragnarok has going against it is early November has never produced a huge 100m+ opening. But in this day release time doesn't really matter much for OW anymore with the right movie. I think it can pull HC numbers for OW with good reviews and marketing staying as strong. 

• Like 1