CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Spidey is the only kid friendly/teen appealing movie this year. 43% of its audience was under 18. Valerian and Emoji might not be too big of problems. I'm thinking $117M/$305M which is a 2.606x multiplier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm still thinking Spidey gets a multiplier between First Avenger's 2.72 and Ant-Man's 3.16... That's just over/under 2.9 multiplier for a finish between $335M and $345M DOM.

After seeing the movie, I'm betting on the 2.7 multi.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Blue Beetle (pretty badass character)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/blue-beetle/4005-4438/

Booster Gold

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/booster-gold/4005-1786/

Nightwing (Robin all grown up)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dick-grayson/4005-1691/

*He's more of an A list character imo

Shazam

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/billy-batson/4005-2350/

JLD (really cool team)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/justice-league-dark/4060-58596/

Hopefully that helps you out. DC has some really cool B and C list characters that would look pretty amazing on the big screen! Hopefully we get to see them soon!

Nightwing is my dream movie...

Booster Gold could be an epic comedy...maybe that might be my 2nd dream movie if they got the right story behind it:)...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

After seeing the movie, I'm betting on the 2.7 multi.

$315M DOM ain't bad either. Still, again, just thinking summer weekdays and little direct competition will help inflate the overall multiplier. It sure did for Ant-Man and Suicide Squad in the recent past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Spidey is the only kid friendly/teen appealing movie this year. 43% of its audience was under 18. Valerian and Emoji might not be too big of problems. I'm thinking $117M/$305M which is a 2.606x multiplier. 

I don't think Valerian is gonna get many kid viewers...in my "kid survey", none of my kids/nieces/nephews (5-15 years old) had any interest, and we've seen the 5 minute scene...none of the moms I know are taking their kids...maybe it's the marketing, but the whole film just doesn't seem to be massively appealing to any particular demo...since I don't have any no-kid adult friends planning to see it, either (and I know a bunch of comic fans and gamers)...

Heck, I'm a sucker for good sci-fi and comic heroes and love, love, love to cheerlead premier (1st time to screen) movies...and I can't see myself spending the money on it over Baby Driver right now...and that makes me sad...

Not sure why the concept isn't clicking yet...I hope it does just for the sake of other premier movies!:)

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't think Valerian is gonna get many kid viewers...in my "kid survey", none of my kids/nieces/nephews (5-15 years old) had any interest, and we've seen the 5 minute scene...none of the moms I know are taking their kids...maybe it's the marketing, but the whole film just doesn't seem to be massively appealing to any particular demo...since I don't have any no-kid adult friends planning to see it, either (and I know a bunch of comic fans and gamers)...

Heck, I'm a sucker for good sci-fi and comic heroes and love, love, love to cheerlead premier (1st time to screen) movies...and I can't see myself spending the money on it over Baby Driver right now...and that makes me sad...

Not sure why the concept isn't clicking yet...I hope it does just for the sake of other premier movies!:)

Agreed, I showed my boys the trailer and they have no interest. 

My wife and I will see it eventually though. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

but should be the biggest WW this summer, so Spidey fans shouldn't be complaining.

I'm liking the 2nd part, b/c I think Spidey does have that part locked:)...I'm gonna wait on a few weeks of audience before I decide it can't win summer...patience worked with WW (but if I see it Wednesday and I hate it, I might stop waiting:)

Valerian's marketing has been lackluster. If the reviews are even mostly good I don't know why they didn't end the embargo even earlier. And of course I think that being a weird space fantasy French movie is a tough sale in the states. Not to mention it doesn't star any buzzed about actors. Listen I'm hoping for a miracle but it would be a miracle.

Just now, Telemachos said:

Tele Jr is interested -- seriously considering taking him. 

You should - someone's gonna need to start WOM to help it:)...as long as you post good feedback...

Man, can I say again how much I love having 500 likes!

• Like 2