CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

well then, i don't know if many people have purged at the movies since Us.

JLaws nude slip before Catching Fire probably gave her support at the BO. 

mother! didn't seem to hurt the box office, but IDK.... 

Margot and Rosamund Pike have become the witches in the brains of people, and they fit well with Tarantino's pictures and tempo.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were never healthy for the news when they opened at the box office, and it was fun to track.

Blood Diamond's weekend charts seemed minuscule like you were swatting at flies at an old tv, 

I don't think teen dating flocking to Suicide Squad like a halloween party ate up The Hateful Eight the same way they did Suicide Squad.  With all the edits I hear this got, and Tarantino's film knowledge, i'm guessing they edit this down to an A+ cinemascore?  I imagine in that mindset you are watching your film 100 times and stressing your mind rewinding and making it perfect.

I plan to see it, but more so because of the reviews. It looks so not interesting to me. i like movies about HW, but this looks so tedious. it just doesn't enchant me

so what are we predicting for this next week? 35M sounds good to me

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have this pegged for about $36-37M next weekend. Would love it if it went higher but I dunno, buzz just hasn't reached a level higher than that I feel.

This. I'm not feeling the buzz offline. When I say I want to see this people blink. It's only an anecdotal evidence but maybe something is up. 

It's a Tarantino film. There's going to be more to it than meets the eye.

Besides, the cast has me sold as it is. Maybe I'm just easy, I dunno. Either way, I'll be seeing this on Thursday night.

Said this in another thread, but: what is selling this movie to the GA? Watching Pitt and DiCaprio pal around as actors in 1970 Hollywood? None of the advertising has given anything substantial at all. No stakes, no plot, no hook, no novelty, nothing. Unless you're a Tarantino fan, what makes someone show up to this opening weekend? 

Edited by Mekanos

35 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Said this in another thread, but: what is selling this movie to the GA? Watching Pitt and DiCaprio pal around as actors in 1970 Hollywood? None of the advertising has given anything substantial at all. No stakes, no plot, no hook, no novelty, nothing. Unless you're a Tarantino fan, what makes someone show up to this opening weekend? 

Yeah it's clear the marketing is sort of lazily banking on the cast and Tarantino to sell it. As I said, there's likely more to it than meets the eye. Hopefully anyway....

What hype do you want on the internet? It's not a marvel movie with noisy annoying fans. 

People with taste in cinematic art are there waiting for finally a movie event in this summer there is something original and not a video game for kids. 

It's Mr. Di Caprio first movie in 3 years, that's already an event. I'm here for not less than a 50M first weekend. 

Edited by maxalcamo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, maxalcamo said:

What hype do you want on the internet? It's not a marvel movie with noisy annoying fans. 

People with taste in cinematic art are there waiting for finally a movie event in this summer there isn't a video game for kids. 

It's Mr. Di Caprio first movie in 3 years, I'm here for not less than a 50M first weekend. 

Nobody was talking about internet hype. 

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:
3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Nobody was talking about internet hype. 

"This. I'm not feeling the buzz offline. When I say I want to see this people blink. It's only an anecdotal evidence but maybe something is up."

Anyway even Kill bill got a 40M first weekend with inflation. 

Edited by maxalcamo

55 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

DiCaprio sold this movie for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxalcamo said:

"This. I'm not feeling the buzz offline. When I say I want to see this people blink. It's only an anecdotal evidence but maybe something is up."

Anyway even Kill bill got a 40M first weekend with inflation. 

They used the word "offline," which means, "not on the internet." 

I really don't know what to predict for the movie to be honest, but with the way this summer is going, sub-50 wouldn't surprise me at all. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, TMP said:

Didn't know about the stutter 

I’m definitely seeing this. This is looking like its gonna be the best film this year. Finally an original film in 2019! 

Edited by VENOM
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maxalcamo said:

People with taste in cinematic art are there waiting for finally a movie event in this summer there is something original and not a video game for kids. 

It's Mr. Di Caprio first movie in 3 years, that's already an event. I'm here for not less than a 50M first weekend. 

I think the lack of buzz online or offline could be attributed to the movie itself which skewed older. Older generation tend to be less vocal on internet 

16 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Leonardo DiCaprio has never had a flop, correct? 

Aside from some post-Titanic nonstarters such as The Beach, he's had a few more recent ones. J. Edgar flopped but made more with him than it would've with any other actor considering what busted Oscar bait it was. Revolutionary Road also was probably expected to make more considering it reunited him and Winslet but made sense since it was a dour adult drama that didn't become the major Oscar player it was expected to be. Body of Lies bombed but it received mediocre reviews and war-centric movies were box office kryptonite at the time.

• Like 1