CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Call me old fashioned, but there are somethings you probably should not be tongue in cheek about.

Sure, but it's not like Lee and Tate's characters were smeared and totally dragged through the mud? If there's context I'm missing here I'd be glad to hear it. Most people aren't going to take it seriously at all so what's the problem?

A biopic, where you're straddling the line between educating the audience but also make a movie for entertainment, is different. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, as many people have said, is basically a fairy tale.

18 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Anyway, different strokes. Also, I'm convinced the scene was a daydream, not a memory. Am I totally off??

I'm linking an article about this whole thing in the RTM thread.  It's really good and of course talks about that scene.  Obviously, since that's curiously the one scene most people can't stop talking about.

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm linking an article about this whole thing in the RTM thread.  It's really good and of course talks about that scene.  Obviously, since that's curiously the one scene most people can't stop talking about.

Appreciated it. I'll definitely take a look at it.

20 hours ago, dudalb said:

Death Proof was pretty much an action film, the horror elements were defiantly secondary.

And the first 40 Minutes of the film are the worst thing a film can be: Boring.

I love the way the Tarantino fanboys actually defend the film being boring.

But then if you start with the premise that a director is incapable of messing up, you end up defending a lot of stupid shit.

I'd consider it Horror/thriller.  But yes, it was boring for a good stretch of it

On 7/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, ban1o said:

Yes god forbid the daughter and only living child of Bruce Lee complain about the her dead father being the punching bag comic relief in a movie. She's just bitching and moaning. 

Honestly Tarantino fanboys are the worst. Shannon has been through enough but now she has to deal with opinions from people who feel they know better than her about her own father. 

You are so pressed.

• Knock It Off 1

On 7/27/2019 at 10:35 PM, The Futurist said:

Poor Jlaw.

She went to a QT lunch wearing sandals, her feet in plain sight.

What a modern day heroine.

Still did not got cast.

lol....  could K-Stew or Natalie Portman or Chloe Grace Moretz fit in a QT movie with JLAW together?

what about Emma Watson, Luna Lovegood, or Ellen Page?

how is Leo looking for Best Actor nomination?, and then a win with the competition? 

that would be so fun to hear the amount of people screaming if he brings up the word "ocean",

like the shrieks we got everytime Alfonso Cuaron's name kept popping up at the last Oscar show

18 hours ago, Frozen said:

I have not seen any other QT films. Is his foot fetish as obvious in his other films as it was in this one?

It was somewhat evident in Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown (minor scene from Fonda), but a particular scene in Kill Bill made it quite obvious. Also, we mustn't forget his scene in From Dusk til Dawn. Other than those films, it's not readily apparent. Nicolas Winding Refn loves hands curled as fists. Quentin loves feet. They make good films despite their weird yet harmless fetishes.

Edited by ThePhasmid

18 hours ago, Frozen said:

I have not seen any other QT films. Is his foot fetish as obvious in his other films as it was in this one?

It is a obvious enough to have had montage of it:

https://www.fastcompany.com/3051746/a-comprehensive-look-at-quentin-tarantinos-favorite-body-part-in-all-his-films

Edited by Barnack

19 hours ago, Frozen said:

I never noticed it until someone pointed it out when I watched Inglourious Basterds, now it's impossible not to notice it.

3 hours ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

how is Leo looking for Best Actor nomination?, and then a win with the competition? 

that would be so fun to hear the amount of people screaming if he brings up the word "ocean",

like the shrieks we got everytime Alfonso Cuaron's name kept popping up at the last Oscar show

hun, i am really sorry about Roma loosing best picture there.  hello?

Saito?

Saito?

Saito?

Saito?

On 8/3/2019 at 5:21 AM, CoolioD1 said:

it'll be like the four hour version of hateful eight on netflix where it's split up like it's a miniseries.

I still have yet to watch that. I've got to in the coming days.