grim22

I Feel Pretty | April 20 2018 | STX | Amy Schumer starring. Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski and Rafe Spall. Gender swapped Shallow Hal like concept

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You need to google the word. 

No, evidently you need to.

Amy's entire point is that she is called a fat pig yet guys like Kevin James can do their thing and their appearance is never even discussed.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

It's not just that anymore. Keep up.

Amy's entire point is that she is called a fat pig yet guys like Kevin James can do their thing and their appearance is never even discussed.

But Kevin James makes fun of himself being fat though... 

I think its wrong to call her a fat pig but imo her engagement with trolls and has sort of torpedoed her career. 

People like her and many do not, she is just a very divisive celebrity these days. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There's a difference between body-shaming a man and body-shaming a woman. That this is news to you is something else.

Not finding her attractive is not body shaming, it is a personal choice. 

Calling her fat pig is when you cross a line. 

In the end, I could care less about her looks if I liked her comedy, but that is my personal choice as well. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Like this comes as a surprise to anyone.

giphy.gif

I'm a big fan since her Dawson's Creek days, I'm not surprised that she is good in it despite no comedy background. But the reactions are kinda surprising considering the film is mostly getting panned left and right. "She's the only thing that doesn't suck" reaction wouldn't be that surprising, but she's getting straight up raves instead. Most reviews I read are trashing the movie and then they go "OMG what a role/performance". It's very intriguing.

24 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I'm a big fan since her Dawson's Creek days, I'm not surprised that she is good in it despite no comedy background. But the reactions are kinda surprising considering the film is mostly getting panned left and right. "She's the only thing that doesn't suck" reaction wouldn't be that surprising, but she's getting straight up raves instead. Most reviews I read are trashing the movie and then they go "OMG what a role/performance". It's very intriguing.

It's like  Merlye Streep: For years she pretty much did only dramatic, serious roles,but then took a shot at comedy and surprised a lot of people by being very good at it and getting more laugh then her established comedian  co stars.

4 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

No, evidently you need to.

who calls her a fat pig?

she jokes about her appearance all the time... half her shtick is "I'm so fat it's so unfair isnt that so funny", and the other half is "I'm a woman, aren't I so funny"

if you make jokes about your appearance in your standup routines, then that's fair game for people to make fun of your appearance.

I think most people's dislike of her stems from her coming across as a stuck up entitled brat.

11 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

who calls her a fat pig?

if you make jokes about your appearance in your standup routines, then that's fair game for people to make fun of your appearance.

1. Someones never seen twitter or YouTube. 

2. No it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

1. Someones never seen twitter or YouTube. 

2. No it doesn’t. 

No I don't use Twitter.

I know a lot of people don't like her. But I really don't think it's because she is fat. 

I mean just find the I Feel Pretty trailer on Youtube. Reading through the negative comments lets see how many are about her weight?

- Yeah cause her last movie did so great

- She needs to do a sequel called I Feel Funny

- This had the potential to be really uplifting, then Amy Schumer happened

- I'm a simple man. I see Amy Schumer and I hit dislike.

- My vaginaaaaaaaa

- I wouldn't watch an Amy Shcumer movie if my life depended on it

- Cringe

- I only came here to dislike another piggy Schumer movie.

- Damn wonder how much they paid Youtube for the 3k thumbs up

- More like "I feel like a cow" haha amiright?

- I just came to do my part and leave a dislike

- pure leftist cringe

- Katherine Heigel 2.0

- Wow... this looks awful

- So, it's Shallow Hal, without Jack Black

I just looked at the first 15 negative comments and they don't really seem to be focused on her weight.

She is not even that fat, compared to some other comedians. Melissa McCarthy doesn't get the same hate, nor does Rebel Wilson. Maybe it is just because people dont think Amy Schumer is funny?

Edited by Trease is the Word

31 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

Rotten Tomatoes audience score right now at 36% compared to what Snatched (30%) has totaled since last year.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to it. Looking at the user “reviews”.

Majority of them are from people who haven’t seen it, fully expected.