grim22

I Feel Pretty | April 20 2018 | STX | Amy Schumer starring. Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski and Rafe Spall. Gender swapped Shallow Hal like concept

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

With so many R-rated comedies flopping recently, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a resurgence of the PG-13 ones.

Yeh this.

I’m surprised about the Amy Schumer one though considering her brand. But the trailer was funny without swearing so could be fine. 

Someone at Deadline had a mini meltdown: http://deadline.com/2018/04/i-feel-pretty-body-image-comedy-political-correctness-1202363366/

Lucky for Martin Lawrence that he made Big Momma’s House, and its well-attended fat-suit sequel, before the current Cultural Revolution taught us that comedy must be normative, right down to the trailer beats. “If attitudes toward female subjugation are systemic, and I believe that they are,” lectures Ringwald, “it stands to reason that the art we consume and sanction plays some part in reinforcing those same attitudes.”

Released today, The Hangover would have to answer for all that drunken white privilege. And only the bravest among us can ask, like Schumer, that we actually laugh at ourselves.

WTF is he even going on about?

"To be blunt. I hate this movie. I really do. The biggest criminal sin that “I Feel Pretty” commits is it obnoxiously confuses egotism with self-confidence. I’ve never sympathized with a character, then ultimately despise them so fast. As soon as Renee becomes beautiful, you see her true colors where she talks about herself too much, tries to flaunt herself everywhere she can, and tries to become the center of attention any moment she can; she’s just so detestable. I’m not joking, this is a disgusting character that you never particularly root for because of their shallowness that the film just rewards and claims as confidence. The entire film is a mockery of insecurity and by the end of it, you just feel offended."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

"To be blunt. I hate this movie. I really do. The biggest criminal sin that “I Feel Pretty” commits is it obnoxiously confuses egotism with self-confidence. I’ve never sympathized with a character, then ultimately despise them so fast. As soon as Renee becomes beautiful, you see her true colors where she talks about herself too much, tries to flaunt herself everywhere she can, and tries to become the center of attention any moment she can; she’s just so detestable. I’m not joking, this is a disgusting character that you never particularly root for because of their shallowness that the film just rewards and claims as confidence. The entire film is a mockery of insecurity and by the end of it, you just feel offended."

Too bad. I actually kinda like Amy. I think she's quite funny

10 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

So my biggest concern about the movie is true :gold: 

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

only 24 reviews in but it's at 33% and 5/10 average.  not a good start, but obviously the score can still go up or down being so little reviews

24 isn't so little. This isn't going to exceed 50% for sure.