MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

I loved Apes, I love movies that can be depressing at times.. to me that's just a part of life and the whole thing isn't depressing either. Far as the Apes POV goes, that was one of my favorite parts of DAWN so I welcomed them ramping it up.

Lastly, I don't mind rooting against most humans. The truth hurts. Humans are killing machines. But then there are humans that are awesome people and that is explored in these films too.

• Like 3

Was looking at Sony's movies this year and realized that Smurfs nearly did 200 ww. The prod budget was 60.

I am sure we will see another Smurfs pretty soon.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $45,001,763    22.9%
Foreign:  $151,853,568    77.1%

= Worldwide:  $196,855,331  

China did 25 so it's not like a huge portion came from it, though it was the biggest OS market for Smurfs. France and Germany were next at 11.5 and 10 respectively.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Was looking at Sony's movies this year and realized that Smurfs nearly did 200 ww. The prod budget was 60.

I am sure we will see another Smurfs pretty soon.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $45,001,763    22.9%
Foreign:  $151,853,568    77.1%

= Worldwide:  $196,855,331  

China did 25 so it's not like a huge portion came from it, though it was the biggest OS market for Smurfs. France and Germany were next at 11.5 and 10 respectively.

I don't know. It did poorly in most markets and I believe Sony saw it as a failure. Another film would do even worse.

• Like 3

Just now, Jonwo said:

I don't know. It did poorly in most markets and I believe Sony saw it as a failure. Another film would do even worse.

They did see it as a disappointment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Imax pumped 22% of Dunkirk‘s North American weekend with $6.2M from 403 auditoriums. Seventeen of the top 20 domestic runs were Imax venues. Twenty-two percent of Dunkirk‘s $102.8M stateside cash came from Imax natch as Nolan shot a bulk of the movie in that format. Dunkirk will have the full Imax network next week.

drop from opening weekend's 23.2%. and May i know what is the last sentence supposed to mean?

International 6.1m -28% cume 17m (WW 40m), added Imax on weekend in UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Lebanon, LatAM

Edited by Rth Homecoming
  • Like 5

I love that Girls Trip is doing great. People underestimated the hell out of this movie calling it “another Rough Night”. Girls Trip’s box office so far is more impressive than Dunkirk right now imho. A lot of people thought this was going do this weekend’s #s opening weekend! And the fact that it is getting rave reviews in the icing on the cake.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Any Sun. #'s?

Yea....go to Mojo....they were announced about 8 hours ago. :redcapes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I mean I'd agree that folks don't want bleak films but Dunkirk doesn't seem to be having a problem with that. 

I think the problem with Apes has more to do with when it was released and the actual plot of it (what Baumer touched on and also what Binoche mentioned) than it being a bleak film. 

It was still a fantastic film, in my opinion but fantastic films don't always translate to crowd pleasing films. 

Dunkirk isn't bleak at all. On the contrary, it's incredibly inspiring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rth Homecoming said:

International 6.1m -28% cume 17m (WW 40m), added Imax on weekend in UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Lebanon, LatAM

giphy.gif

and it's just as I see BOT forum as IMAX 70mm......

and speaking of IMAX, this is the only 4 movies(to my best knowledge) that managed to break 20% IMAX share gross in their opening weekend(conventional wide-release)

1) Interstellar: 28.3%

2) Dunkirk: 23.2%

3) Gravity: 21.2%

4) Pacific Rim: 21.1%

The martian didn't have IMAX version in its showing.....

It seems that Nolan-involvement has advantage in IMAX theater!

• Like 1