CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

There are members here from the overseas who might not be familiar with the material.

Then they should just stay clear of this thread. There may be people who don't know the movie is about a clown or features a cast of kids. It's impossible to avoid ALL spoilers. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Then they should just stay clear of this thread. There may be people who don't know the movie is about a clown or features a cast of kids. It's impossible to avoid ALL spoilers. 

But this is the box office thread and not the spoilers thread. There is even a reminder in the title. 😂

$120 million that's like above every Conjuring, and Paranormal Activity's totals. PS: just forgot Conjuring made $137 million. But still very amazing, I wanna see IT because I am a fan of the 90's miniseries and I have been surprisingly interested thanks to its amazing marketing. 

I definitely think that Chastain will probably be grown up Bev, if the role doesn't conflict with her schedule. I think that Amy Adams won't be happening. I know she's inside the WB family but I just don't see it happening.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

Just now, We0uthere said:

The better the opening gets the more I think that this won't have great legs lol. But I could be totally wrong. There's always a movie every few years that just hits all the sweet spots. 

It will make more and more of a challenge.

But the real friday to saturday ratio seem good no ? A bit like Jurassic World small 18% sunday drop was a nice indication of how crazy the legs could be, maybe IT sunday will give some idea.

Like Jurassic Park, It has some older audience potential to sustain some legs and seem to have good word of mouth also ( a nice cinemascore for the genre), I would not expect some 3.5 legs or anything like that, but that has chance to not be a Godzilla 2014 situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I definitely think that Chastain will probably be grown up Bev, if the role doesn't conflict with her schedule. I think that Amy Adams won't be happening. I know she's inside the WB family as well but I just don't see it happening.

Chastain has the director relationship going for her and she's been promoting the movie so chances are it's her. But all I could think of while watching the movie for the 2nd time tonight was how much young Beverly looked and sounded like Adams (who she's playing a younger version of in Sharp Objects). I'd be happy with both but without going into spoilers from the book it'd be neat if they got both. 

• Like 1