CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

With how big 90's nostalgia is, I think a good Nicktoons CG/Live Action film would do something like $300M+. Everyone from 90's kids to 2010's kids have seen a Nicktoon on tv at one point whether it's something like Spongebob or shows of the decade like Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Oddparents, Danny Phantom, Loud House etc.

Edited by YourMother

Just now, YourMother said:

With how big 90's nostalgia is, I think a good Nicktoons CG/Live Action film would do something like $300M+. Everyone from 90's kids to 2010's kids have seen a Nicktoon at one point whether it's something like Spongebob or shows of the decade like Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Oddparents, Danny Phantom, Loud House etc.

The problem is, most of the Nicktoons don't lend themselves to live action. I doubt they'd touch $100m, never mind $300m. I loved Hey Arnold and Rugrats but I'm not interested in a live action version. 

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In what world was Legend of Tarzan aimed at children? 

WB have been making DC Comics movies since the 1970s and never stopped making them. The same goes for the reimagining of those ancient classic stories, which every studio have been doing for decades.

The success of the MCU obviously influenced the creation of the DCEU, but the MCU was also influenced by many DC adaptations. And the MCU was not even created by Disney, they just bought it.

Disney isn't more original and creative than the other studios.

Stop before you get the [ban]hammer, buddy! 

What will the people of 2050 will be nostalgic about ?

Suicide Squad ?

Nolan ?

Minions 4 ?

Manchester by the Sea ?

When the Internet was still up & running all over the world ?

Cheap fossil fuel ?

I-Phones being made in chinese slave shops ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1