CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Just now, nomyth said:

I tell ya... one of the big MVP's of IT is cinematographer, Chung-Hoon Chung. After this, The Handmaiden and Oldboy, he is one DP who is definitely on my radar. I need to check out more of his work.

I agree, great cinematography. In general this is one of the best looking horror movies that I've seen in a long time and it's probably because it had some semblance of a budget.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Remember when Cary Fukunaga leaving doomed the movie to failure?  Yes, I believe darn near everybody thought that was the case I think until that first trailer.

And then the Fukunaga draft was leaked and everyone went "This should have been made, who is in charge at WB?". Sometimes creative differences are just that, different visions for what a movie should be.

1 minute ago, SuperBatman said:

This is true I really haven't seen a good Netflix Produced movie yet. Their TV series on the other hand that's another story.

You could try Okja if you liked any of Joon-ho Bong previous movies, not is best but still worth a watch.

An exclusive acquisition and not a production, but Beasts of No Nation is really a great movie.

I liked War Machine but I think I'm the perfect audience for this, I imagine that it was a very mixed reception.

Also an acquisition from Sundance and not a production but Icarus is just crazy and really good.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

And then the Fukunaga draft was leaked and everyone went "This should have been made, who is in charge at WB?". Sometimes creative differences are just that, different visions for what a movie should be.

That's true. Sometimes we apply sinister motives and I think often it is simple creative differences. I feel the same way about Michelle Maclaren in regards to Wonder Woman.

I love Netflix as it gives a platform to a lot of shows, docus and movies who may not find success / attention elsewhere but I was really annoyed with the "Netflix going to kill movie going" thing some corners of the Internet is pushing lol. They can co-exist and the consumer will win

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rman823 said:

My bad then. I don't mean to post spoilers but given the popularity of the source material and miniseries I assumed this information wasn't spoiler esque. 

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Again, not everyone knows this info. But whatever, I was just trying to help.

WB announced that the second part was going to be the adult story.  The director also said it as well.  This was announced months and months ago.  It's not a spoiler.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

WB announced that the second part was going to be the adult story.  The director also said it as well.  This was announced months and months ago.  It's not a spoiler.

That's why I didn't think it was Spoiler territory. Thanks for the confirmation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Even to those who don't know? Okay.

3 hours ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

44m is absolutely insane!  With no Hurricane that would have likely been 47m or so.

Looking at 125m - 135m OW if that sticks.  Deadpool could be in jeopardy.

It would really have to defy opening football Sunday drops in order to get to 125.  I think 120 is more realistic.  

Just got back film was absolutely amazing.  Wanted to punch some loud mouth fucking idiot who kept commenting how shitty ever trailer looked before the film and of course trying to record the film during my showing.  Good thing It was so good that it calmed me down.

Same idiot then loudly proclaimed " Marvel only for me," when the film was over. Me and two other guys told him to shut the fuck up.  

Oh yeah and most shocking OW in some time, maybe ever. 

• Like 3