That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

32 minutes ago, John Marston said:

the first trailer touched peoples hearts and created interest and hype. The second trailer was more comedic and the fact there are no reactions at all have made the interest/hype deflate like a balloon  

The most watched trailer on YouTube has 8.4M views. Was the hype that high to begin with, for those $200M+ DOM predictions?

(Ralph 2 has 27M in comparison.)

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

the first trailer touched peoples hearts and created interest and hype. The second trailer was more comedic and the fact there are no reactions at all have made the interest/hype deflate like a balloon 

Actually, the social media reaction/review embargo lifts tomorrow. And, one clue I have as to if it was good or not is Scott Menzel of We Live Entertainment telling me all he could say was this: 🙂. That, to me, is an assumption that he liked it.

It is so difficult for me to predict it because I don't care about it at all. I hate Winnie the Pooh, I think it's a deathly boring property and I think this movie looks visually drab and the CGI dolls creepy as hell. I tend to over predict films that I have no interest in or that I think look like crap but not this time. I'm just going to predict what I think that it will open with. 

3 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

From Deadline's article for this weekend's box office:

There are four wide releases next weekend (four!) with Disney’s Christopher Robin looking to open in the mid $30Ms much better than its August 2016 live action toon adaptation Pete’s Dragon ($21.5M)

that'd be pretty sweet and i think it happens.

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Social media reactions tomorrow, review embargo Thursday

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Social media reactions tomorrow, review embargo Thursday

Interesting. Could it be a “Captain Underpants” scenario? I can’t see this being a bad film (like A Wrinkle in Time), especially with the writers of Spotlight, Hidden Figures and Queen of Earth and the director of Finding Neverland doing this movie.

Edited by Movies4Life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

The most watched trailer on YouTube has 8.4M views. Was the hype that high to begin with, for those $200M+ DOM predictions?

(Ralph 2 has 27M in comparison.)

Coco's first trailer had around the same number of views by the time the movie came out (and subsequent trailers had under 3M views each by the film's release), so I don't think trailer views are the best comparison.

$200M seems definitely closer to a pipe dream now than it did a few months ago though. Still hoping for $150M though.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pulling a Nolan and wanting to hide spoilers obviously 

Well, we still haven’t seen the heffalumps and heard Peter Capaldi as Rabbit, so there’s that, and maybe there’s an end-credits scene with a cameo from Gopher.

46 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

Well, we still haven’t seen the heffalumps and heard Peter Capaldi as Rabbit, so there’s that, and maybe there’s an end-credits scene with a cameo from Gopher.

Um. *Raises Hand*. I haven’t. Tag your spoilers, dude.