That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

The buzz for this movie seems really dead. Don't see many kids talking about going to see it.  I think this is going to have more of a Pete's Dragon and saving mr. Banks type run. Definitely not the monster hit people with predicting after the trailer.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 1

Movies with sweet and kind bears just don't seem to resonate domestically.  Maybe this one will be different, but I'm not feeling anything more than tracking for this one right now.

It reminded me of Paddington 1 & 2, which is good for quality and bad for potential box office.  The Disney brand will carry it somewhat, but the lack of "old" Moviepass, the abundance of family movies, and the tightness of screens/box office space is gonna hold this down.   

@TalismanRing

I can’t wait. I am just gonna cry in the theater. I think it will do well around our are, too. I overheard two older women were talking about how they can’t wait to see it at the theater on Thursday.  And on the train to SDCC there was a bunch of Gen Z/Millennial girls talking about how cute it looked. 

• Like 2

From Deadline's article for this weekend's box office:

There are four wide releases next weekend (four!) with Disney’s Christopher Robin looking to open in the mid $30Ms much better than its August 2016 live action toon adaptation Pete’s Dragon ($21.5M)

• Like 1